Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's starting to lose me.

We can be crap with a crap bunch of players and lose all day long as long as our manager at least tries to arrange the pieces in a clear and logical way, giving us the best chance possible.

What Koeman is doing right now is getting his favourites (i.e. the players he's brought in), assigning them darts and throwing them at a board, with most landing in and around the bullseye... and that may as well be how he's lining up the side currently. It makes little sense, especially when he's had a number of chances to see exactly how it's panned out for him so far this season, yet he persists.

He's stubborn and arrogant, not good traits for a manager to have in this current situation.

Why would he come here to challenge for the 7th place cup?

Money, we've got lots of it to offer him for 2 or 3 years work. All he's got to do is win a trophy and he'll be classed as a success, same for any manager who comes here really at this point in time. Might fancy coming back to England as well, he enjoyed managing Chelsea he's said numerous times. It's worth a go.

Got a like back mate, could be going places this.

Put a bible quote in your description and you could be in there.

Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with greatvengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with greatvengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
What?

What does Lookman have to do to get a game.
Niasse not being in he Europa squad is all on him as well. Yes we all thought he was garbage but he's probaly our only recognised striker.

Money, we've got lots of it to offer him for 2 or 3 years work. All he's got to do is win a trophy and he'll be classed as a success, same for any manager who comes here really at this point in time. Might fancy coming back to England as well, he enjoyed managing Chelsea he's said numerous times. It's worth a go.

Have we got money though? Because we missed out on strengthening a number of positions in the summer

I think he should be sacked, and that we need to start significantly raising the threshold of how bad things have to get at EFC before the incumbent is given the boot.

Smith and Martinez sacked only after you literally couldn't endure the torment of watching no longer.
Will this be a repeat?

There is nobody setting standards at Everton. It would actually be chilling in its surprise if Koeman was fired now, but of course it won't happen.

Look at Bayern today, Ancelotti gone after 4 wins in 6 league games. Total and utter ruthlessness. Not good enough, and they do what's required.

We are a million miles from that sort of thinking and expectation.

What's his track record for coming to a team like us and winning trophies though? Just a complete non starter. We'll end up with Rhino.

Status
Not open for further replies.