Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sold or loaned out all the bang average rubbish Martinez harped on about, being part of the best squad we've ever had and we still finished 7th comfortably.

Away form was terrible but he recognised that and says it's one of the main things he needs to resolve. He also publicly criticised the lack of creativity in the squad, something we have lacked for a few seasons now.

If he can bring in the players to put these right I have no doubt we will get more points next season. Whether that's enough to get us CL we will have to wait and see. Him and Walsh need to get the players they want in early or our already restless fans will become even more unbearable throughout the summer.

I think before Koeman was trying to win games. He was more flexible in his tactics and allowed players to roam a bit more. Now, he is trying to get the team to play the way he wants them to. He doesn't have the personnel to play a 433 atm. The fact that Valencia was our best option on the right today says a lot.
I think we can aim to overtake both Man United in particular and Arsenal.7th is our glass ceiling for the moment though.

It's not easy overtake those clubs, Jesus get a grip

Whose place in the top 6 do you expect us to take mate?
Who said I expect to take anyone's place?

What I do expect is: to pick up more than 18 points away from Goodison, make a worthy challenge for the top 4 places, don't get knocked out of the cups at the first time of asking, and for Koeman to gut a squad that is resembling Dad's Army right now.

61 points and a +18 goal differential is a successful season for this year, but will need to kick on. 68-70 points minimum next year and better cup runs or it will be underachieving imo.

Whose place in the top 6 do you expect us to take mate?

Could well be well off, but I reckon Spurs will face a Wembley sized problem next season, Arsenal could easily fall lower than this season, Liverpool with CL, (maybe), and no serious additions, (which might not happen, granted).

Jose could go all Jose at United. Pep could get annoyed that mid range PL clubs actually turn up to play his team in England.

The only side above us who I see have no potential problems, are Chelsea.

Not saying we will finish 2nd, far from it, just painting a narrative that isnt that far fetched for any of those clubs.

From Ronald Koeman on ESPN:

For Everton, the Europa League will be something very much on our minds from the beginning of our pre-season on July 3, with a qualifying round to be played over two legs in the last week of July and the first week of August.

You cannot be 100 percent prepared in my opinion in just three weeks, but players need to have a holiday to clear their minds and to overcome the physical demands of a long and demanding season. They need to refresh themselves and build again for the campaign to come. It is a draining experience.

It will place particular demands on the whole of the squad and we did not need to be confronted by the world-class capabilities of players such as Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil in our final Premier League game on Sunday against Arsenal to appreciate the level we will need to hit. You always try to get new signings in as quickly as possible, though the reality is that it's not always possible. But we need to improve, we need to strengthen, we need to rise to the challenge if we are to take the next step as a team and as a club.

Everton has a rich heritage and Evertonians are rightly proud of this. Historically, we are one of the most successful clubs in English football. But ambition is about the future and the goals we set for ourselves now as a club. The players here know the way we like to train and the intensity we demand from our training sessions every day. These are our standards presently and our objective is to get better still, to grow further and reach new heights.

While this season has been really positive in many aspects -- we secured the most home points in the Premier League era for Everton, the most home wins, the most goals at home -- we need more numbers in to be prepared for a long, tough campaign next season in the different competitions and we need more aggression in the team.

A clear objective will be to bring in players who will have more productivity. I expect that we can change that for next season. If we can do the business we want to do this summer, the team for next season will be really strong, I believe.

The expectations will be higher than before, too, but I accept this. This is the challenge I took on when I sat down with the Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright, and our major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, and agreed to become Everton manager. This is a challenge we are prepared for. This is why we are here.

The rest of the article here: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/everto...n-on-europa-league-final-and-everton-ambition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back