Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is offered the Job then he is gone. Same applies to almost any manager. Not sure they will offer it to him just yet as he still has a bit to prove and get his CV top notch.

He's good enough to manage them and he brings through youth, which Barca are famed for. If he doesn't get it, it'll be because behind the scenes he's told them he wants to continue with Everton. Of that I'm sure.

Last edited:
Under no impressions here that Koeman has any love or loyalty for Everton.
Don't get me wrong, he's a great manager for us at the moment and I want him to stay and keep improving us.

He binned Southampton for more money and a bigger club and he'll bin us if a bigger and richer club want him.
Throw in the fact that he has an affinity for Barcelona there can be no doubt he'd jump immediately if they came calling.

That being said, I don't think he'll be at the top of Barca's list at the moment. He's probably not even in the top 3.
He's a mercenary. Two or three seasons here or there.

If he does a job here that'll be ok....IF he does a job here.

I'm not worried about this happening but I am worried all the speculation might derail this season, at his next press conference we know the media will be asking, it has to be on his mind, just what we need right now

Shows how good he is, good managers are always in demand, days of having a loyal servant like David Moyes staying around for a decade are gone. Dont forget Moshiri has put us in a strong position where we can attract in demand people to the club, its just something we have to deal with if we want to be a top club again

Shows how good he is, good managers are always in demand, days of having a loyal servant like David Moyes staying around for a decade are gone. Dont forget Moshiri has put us in a strong position where we can attract in demand people to the club, its just something we have to deal with if we want to be a top club again
Moyes stayed around because he wasn't wanted by anyone better than Everton, and it took Ferguson retiring and installing someone he knew wasn't ever going to be up to his standard to eventually shift him out. He'd have still been here if Ferguson had decided to continue in management.

Btw, what makes you think Koeman is in demand? Has there been any indication of that?

All managers are merceneries unless there are no better bigger teams to go to and even then they can leave for a different challenge. They are out to prove themselves and take a step on the ladder until they reach the top or as far as they can go. Kendall went when we lost European football, Moyes went when Man Utd came sniffing and he apparently wanted the Spurs job several years earlier. Clubs sack managers and managers sack clubs because they want better.

Btw, what makes you think Koeman is in demand? Has there been any indication of that?

Well from Everton for start, we needed a big upgrade and even paid his last club off, im sure there will be other clubs larger then us at some point willing to do the same having seen how quickly he has turned around our procurious situation back to knocking on the door of the Euro places and even top 4 like we often did under Moyes

All managers are merceneries unless there are no better bigger teams to go to and even then they can leave for a different challenge. They are out to prove themselves and take a step on the ladder until they reach the top or as far as they can go. Kendall went when we lost European football, Moyes went when Man Utd came sniffing and he apparently wanted the Spurs job several years earlier. Clubs sack managers and managers sack clubs because they want better.
Yeah, as I said, that's ok. If he does a job here before he leaves.

If he left after this season it'd be a joke. He's achieved nothing because he's only just arrived. To leave would be a stab in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.