Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from Everton for start, we needed a big upgrade and even paid his last club off, im sure there will be other clubs larger then us at some point willing to do the same having seen how quickly he has turned around our procurious situation back to knocking on the door of the Euro places and even top 4 like we often did under Moyes
If Emery would have been available then I doubt Koeman would have been pursued.

Koeman is a decent manager. But he's reached the limits of his managerial possibilities with us, I think.

No one is lucky to have the other: Everton to have him, or him to have Everton.

If he does in the summer it isn't ideal, but if we have a good finish this season then hopefully we can attract someone decent to replace him

He was never going to be here for long anyway, deep down we all knew that, although a mere season was less than I thought we'd have him for

Ideally, I'd like at least two seasons from him, but if Barca are prepared to spend the money on the compo and he wants to go, then he'll be off this summer. Disappointing, and bad timing with us still being a year away from a World Cup meaning Loew will be highly unlikely as a candidate

Maybe we could try for Emery again?

They saw what he did at Valencia. There's no way they'd go for Koeman. No trophies in the past decade. I think Barcelona are looking for a bit better than that, tbh.

This comment suggests you haven't been paying much attention to Barcelona managers.

They hired rijkaard after he relegated rotterdam and hired Enrique after he finished mid table with celta...

*flagged for off topic-ness Michael

raw

If the Dutchman leaves for Barcleona (no laughing at the back) then I'd go with Unsworth. I think we might just have the answer under our noses.
All the time in the world for this in all honesty, as I've said before.

However currently, I'd like to see Koeman stick it out a while longer. I feel we're on a winner with him.

Even if Koeman just sees his contract out, maybe then Unsy could have a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.