Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If RK does go the first name on Mosh's mind will surely be Wenger. Mosh has stated how much he values league placing and Wenger, who's said he's not going to retire, has been the master of the top 4 finish.
RK is probably an outsider for Barca but may be more attractive to Arsenal given he's now proving he can produce relatively good Prem league placing for the third season in a row.
Hopefully not and it's pretty unlikely but a rare manager swap is not unimaginable.

This is exactly what I have said to mates tonight, obviously I am worried about it but at the same time I dont think it will happen, anyway when he came this was always in the back of our minds it owuld happen one day so its not really a shock

It wouldn't shock me either, and if he does go I think it will be easier to replace Koeman than it was to land him. It's no longer a 100% sales job, there are some actions to back up the words.

Last edited:
If the unimaginable did happen and Koeman joins Barcelona in the Summer, we will have an extensive list of capable managers. Martinez and his failure was rewarded with the Belgium National job. And Koeman would have gone from Saints, to Everton, to Barcelona in a year.

Shows that Everton is a great career move at present.

And don't forget Mr. Moyes moved to Manchester United :)

Should this happen, do you all believe we may be able to set our targets high with our next Manager now that our "project" is getting known a year later? A Simeone-type status Manager? Or are we not going to attract such big names again?

Should this happen, do you all believe we may be able to set our targets high with our next Manager now that our "project" is getting known a year later? A Simeone-type status Manager? Or are we not going to attract such big names again?

Yes for certain, great squad which will only get better, money to spend, maybe even European football to offer

Eddie Howe says he has a soft spot for EFC and has done a brilliant job.

I would much prefer an Eddie Howe to a Mancini or a Roy Hodgson or any other over-rated
big noise.

Somehow I think that the Selection Committee at Barca (i.e. Messi) will prefer an easier
to manipulate master than Mr. Koeman.

Eddie Howe says he has a soft spot for EFC and has done a brilliant job.

I would much prefer an Eddie Howe to a Mancini or a Roy Hodgson or any other over-rated
big noise.

Somehow I think that the Selection Committee at Barca (i.e. Messi) will prefer an easier
to manipulate master than Mr. Koeman.

Not saying I want Eddie......but given a choice between him and the other two names mentioned, I would take him.

better that the Barcelona job is open now rather than in summer 2018. much more chance of Koeman getting it offered then. After we win the PL/EL double he's going to be in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.