Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just write this season off, blood as much of the youngsters and promote unsworth, I would prefer this than seeing koeman buy hand me downs from man u and short term crappiness like bolasie (not dissing him he done well but come on)

Sigh just very miserable and dull days for Everton fans

No.

I worked far too hard to find the dough to pay a monkey for a season ticket just to see a season written off before Santa calls :mad:

But I do take your point.....;)

Dave if - and I appreciate its a huge if - Koeman is given 40-50m to spend in January - and there is no improvement on league position from last seasons 11th, would you then advocate cutting him loose for fear of allowing him to mismanage any transfer budget in the summer?
No, but he'd be on a very short leash next season. He has to be showing us a solid game plan by that time.

Dave mate you've said a lot of rubbish about moshiri too , the club has loads to do rebuilding on and off the pitch , I do get some of your points I really do , but some I really disagree with . Everton FC at the moment is a really big project on and off the field matey they need more time more of koemans players
'Projects' are just another way of saying 'Jam Tomorrow' mate.

Not interested in excuses. The pair of them get the job done in the manner we were promised or one or both can do one.

How many players do stay until the end of their contract mate?
His press conference had him basically pouring cold water on the idea that a new contract would keep him here (agreeing with a reporter citing the Suarez deal with Liverpool before he left).

Proper laughing boy, Koeman. Mind you, he couldn't say anything else given he's already stated it'd be unrealistic for us to hang onto Lukaku.

I wonder if some of the impatience with Koeman is the fact that it seems to be a short-term stopgap. Everything about his demeanor as well as the general assumptions around his move from Saints makes it seem like he's been brought in to steady the ship and get us on an upward trajectory for the real future manager to come in.

Thing is, when you're a short term solution, people expect quick results. When you don't layout a vision for where you plan to be, the expectation is that you hit the ground running with results.

I have no idea if Koeman actually sees us as a stepping stone, or if we see him the same way. But the appearance is that we see each other as a means to an end. It doesn't really matter if that's the case from a pressure standpoint.

Martinez got a little more patience because he clearly had a plan (it was not a good plan, as it happens), and then got a LOT more patience due to that first season. It's no surprise that people are turning on a 'stopgap' manager that isn't getting results quickly.

To be honest Raleigh, Martinez was given very little time and was not shown much patience once the bad results started coming.

He was exempt from criticism during that first season, though in truth he snatched failure from success's very maw the night of the weird line up at home to Palace which ultimately cost us 4th place.

But overall we all loved that first season.

But halfway through Black December in his second season the tide was turning.....I recall being at Goodison on a freezing cold December night and we started booing when we were leading 3-0 versus QPR because late on we had a set piece near their goal and without one of their players touching it the ball wound up back with Timmy Howard.

After our games at the Barcodes and Hull the die was cast and the Polls started appearing on here and the Plotter wars were well and truly underway and they continued unabated until the day he was terminated.

In short, Martinez was only given half a bad season before the sticks were out.

And they were justifiably out when I think of the absolute rubbish we endured over the winter of 2014/15.

Despite what many might think, the criteria being applied to Koeman is precisely the same as was applied to Bobby.

Boring, losing football halfway through a season will bring opprobrium on a manager's head from the fans at any football club in the world.

To be honest Raleigh, Martinez was given very little time and was not shown much patience once the bad results started coming.
Not sure that's fair. Think he was given plenty of time to be honest - there is a difference between some dissenters and an entire fan base thinking you're clueless and taking the club backwards.

The signs were there early, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.