Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
raiola.jpg

He's already talking to whoever so I presume he knows the club will pay to sign him and we will accept
But isn't that what happened last summer?

Thing is if he does its not like he said one thing then did another, he has been open and straight up since day one, can't fault him for that really

If Lukaku is going then we need to stop playing our usual games of signing players late in the window to save on wages. We need to get our business done before he is allowed to leave so we don't get our pants fully pulled down when trying to get our targets in. We should be trying to sign players, not sending Leon on a jolly to Africa to do some keepy-uppies with the locals.

I regret getting so attached to him. He even warned us saying he wanted Champions League from the moment he signed so should be no surprise to anyone really. Keeping Lukaku - however much we all hoped - was never going to get us where we wanted to be. We were always a stepping stone for him and we hoped he'd at least get our foot in the door of the CL before he left.

His sale has the potential to do for us what selling Bale did for Spurs. They spunked some of that money on some absolute flops and still did well.
Kane's meteoric rise has obviously helped them but he was also playing at Leicester on loan in the championship when Bale was sold. Shows that any of our youngsters could do the same.

Another issue here is could we have a case for him being tapped up? Him going on record saying his agent is talking to other clubs before we've actually accepted a bid/given permission for him to talk to other clubs surely raises alarm bells... Although Mino Raiola seems to be a law unto himself.

Not really Moshiri's fault or anything he can do when Lukaku's had his head turned by his agent and likely already had serious doubts before the new regime arrived.

If you must blame anyone for Lukaku not being prepared to stay then blame the previous manager who wasted two seasons of the lad's career.
What is Moshiri responsible for exactly? According to many on here it wasn't his fault that we didn't sign anyone decent last year, it wasn't his fault we didn't spend anything beyond the money raised through the new TV deal and player sales, it isn't his fault that we are linked with crap like Martina and Gray and now it is not his fault that we can't hang on to our best players. Seriously, what is the point of having a billionaire owner if he can't stop our squad declining in quality?

What is Moshiri responsible for exactly? According to many on here it wasn't his fault that we didn't sign anyone decent last year, it wasn't his fault we didn't spend anything beyond the money raised through the new TV deal and player sales, it isn't his fault that we are linked with crap like Martina and Gray and now it is not his fault that we can't hang on to our best players. Seriously, what is the point of having a billionaire owner if he can't stop our squad declining in quality?
Moshiri the saviour. Without actually saving us.

I don't get the love affair some here have with him - he hasn't done anything worth noting.

This is good news. Bye to a player who doesn't want to play for us and very early in the transfer window. Let's just hope it's for mad money.
Over to you Walshy and do your dealing.

Moshiri the saviour. Without actually saving us.

I don't get the love affair some here have with him - he hasn't done anything worth noting.
We'll probably raise something like £150m in transfer fees this summer, if we then spend £80m on players like Vardy and Deeney I think a few people will change their minds.

To be honest, I'm amazed Lukaku has been with us as long as he had. I doubt he ever really wanted to come here permanently, if he'd had a real choice?

I'm not going to blame anyone at the club. People always fume about players going. It's not like we didn't know this was going to happen. While it's never good to see, the star player leaving it happens to the biggest off clubs. Pogba left Juve and the still won the league and got to the Champions League final. What I mean to say is Everton will still be here, long after Lukaku has gone. For once we're selling a player from a strong position. Who knows we may even be stronger for how we spend the money? At least the fair play rules, set up to stop clubs getting into the big time won't be triggered.

I just want this over now. I'm sick of him running off to Belgium and saying goes he should be at a bigger club. He won't like it when Costa is keeping him on the bench.

If Lukaku is going then we need to stop playing our usual games of signing players late in the window to save on wages. We need to get our business done before he is allowed to leave so we don't get our pants fully pulled down when trying to get our targets in. We should be trying to sign players, not sending Leon on a jolly to Africa to do some keepy-uppies with the locals.

Keeping leon as far away from the club and transfers is good.Ronnie to leon "Leon go to africa. We have some very important business for you there." * turns away and winks

17 goals against current top 6 whilst playing for two mid table sides suggest he can
I think that if Lukaku does indeed go to Chelsea or Utd he will score fewer goals in a season.
He will have to fit into the team structure and work harder for the team than he does.
But, the price for scoring less could be silverware.

Status
Not open for further replies.