Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the 100 mil price tag though only applies in the Premier League. If we sell him abroad that price will go down to 85 or so imo.

If we really mean business we would offer him 200k a week and sign some quality players in the 50 million region.

Selling our best player to a rival would look small time especially at a time we are trying to negotiate with sponsors. Watching him bang in goals for Chelsea next season would feel like Rooney all over again and I was hoping we had moved on!

I wouldn't mind so much if we sold abroad TBH if we can get the 100 million. If we did sell him for that though every club will inflate there prices for us. I just can't help thinking of how Spurs spent their Bale money on Paulinho and Soldado.

This is my worry, last season we offered far too much for some awful players, just have to put that down to Walsh and Koeman both being new to both the club and each other.
They have had a season now to work togteher and sit down and talk, i bet they have already planned what to do with the money. Least we are in a better place now to attract players then 12 months ago.

The Lukaku situation is what makes our mess of a summer transfer window so annoying.

A lot of posters were having a go at people that were annoyed at how poor that window was.

I think the people that new we 'had to' have a strong window to have any chance of keeping players like Lukaku were right.

We had a narrow window of opportunity to build a special team to get us in the top 4. We blew that when we messed up that window. Time isn't a luxury we have.

Teams like Man Utd can mess up several windows but still hold on to their key players and still spend big money in the following windows.

We're always going to be racing against the clock to build a good enough team before we have to let a key player go. That's why we can't afford to have any more mistakes like last summer.

This is my worry, last season we offered far too much for some awful players, just have to put that down to Walsh and Koeman both being new to both the club and each other.
They have had a season now to work togteher and sit down and talk, i bet they have already planned what to do with the money. Least we are in a better place now to attract players then 12 months ago.

And if clubs know we received that amount of money for Lukaku, the prices of their players will only go up for us since they know we have the money.

And if clubs know we received that amount of money for Lukaku, the prices of their players will only go up for us since they know we have the money.

That's just a fact of football mate, we could take the moral high ground but all the Moshiri money in the world won't make a difference if we start selling players at reduced fees in terms of the market price when we come to replace them. One club can't change the system, the FA need or more probably FIFA need to step in to reset the clock and make everyone work from the same set of rules but they won't because it's such a cash cow for them

The Lukaku situation is what makes our mess of a summer transfer window so annoying.

A lot of posters were having a go at people that were annoyed at how poor that window was.

I think the people that new we 'had to' have a strong window to have any chance of keeping players like Lukaku were right.

We had a narrow window of opportunity to build a special team to get us in the top 4. We blew that when we messed up that window. Time isn't a luxury we have.

Teams like Man Utd can mess up several windows but still hold on to their key players and still spend big money in the following windows.

We're always going to be racing against the clock to build a good enough team before we have to let a key player go. That's why we can't afford to have any more mistakes like last summer.
I think you're right in all respects, but I also think that in some cases, like Sissoko (phew! lucky), they just didn't want to come. Now, that can be attributed to 'selling the club' to the players but if they don't want to be here...

Status
Not open for further replies.