Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they won't will they? That's sort of the point on this coming out.

Yeah I get that, but ultimately we've given a "prepared to sell for" value on him now, meaning that you'd hope he'd only go for that value.

So Moshiri has put his foot down on it. It'll be interesting - or indeed embarrassing - if we sell for less now. But I'm saying if we did get that £100m, I'd be over the moon.

If we really mean business we would offer him 200k a week and sign some quality players in the 50 million region.

Selling our best player to a rival would look small time especially at a time we are trying to negotiate with sponsors. Watching him bang in goals for Chelsea next season would feel like Rooney all over again and I was hoping we had moved on!

I wouldn't mind so much if we sold abroad TBH if we can get the 100 million. If we did sell him for that though every club will inflate there prices for us. I just can't help thinking of how Spurs spent their Bale money on Paulinho and Soldado.

If we really mean business we would offer him 200k a week and sign some quality players in the 50 million region.

Selling our best player to a rival would look small time especially at a time we are trying to negotiate with sponsors. Watching him bang in goals for Chelsea next season would feel like Rooney all over again and I was hoping we had moved on!

I wouldn't mind so much if we sold abroad TBH if we can get the 100 million. If we did sell him for that though every club will inflate there prices for us. I just can't help thinking of how Spurs spent their Bale money on Paulinho and Soldado.
They recouped money on a lot of the signings that failed and also bought a couple of good players in lamela and, especially, Eriksen.

Agree with the point in general though.

They recouped money on a lot of the signings that failed and also bought a couple of good players in lamela and, especially, Eriksen.

Agree with the point in general though.

Agreed mate. We actually did the same with the Rooney money. The initial signings were poor Krøldrup, Beattie, Davies etc. But they were sold on and players like Lescott were bought.

United paid £90m for Pogba.

Lukaku is a couple of months younger, counts as a home-grown player (as does Pogba, apparently) and plays a position where the top players cost more. He is slightly better than a 1 in 3 international goalscorer (20 goals in 56 games) and virtually a 1 in 2 prem goalscorer ( 84 goals in 171 appearances for Everton and West Brom - I haven't included the 10 appearances he made for Chelsea).

In the prem, only Ibrahimovic, Kane and Augero are comparable to Lukaku, and there is no chance in hell of any of them signing for us, whether we sell Rom or not. How much do you think Spurs would demand for Kane, if City, United or Chelsea came knocking? £80m minimum, right? And Rom is less injury prone, provides more assists and scores more goals in open play than Kane... despite Kane having the better midfield supplying him.

£100m for Rom is a more reasonable fee than £90m for Pogba. I'm not saying we'll GET £100m, but if we sell him for anything under £70m then the buyer is getting an absolute bargain.
Juventus paid £75m for Higuain who is 29 now. He'll be 33 when his contract expires in 2021, so his sell on value will be falling annually. His record this year, in a team running away with their league, is very similar to Roms. I look at him and don't see a player who brings significantly more to the table than Rom does at the moment and, as we know, Rom still has the capacity to get even better. Given the choice, I honestly wouldn't swap him for Higuain. So, on that basis, he's go to be worth more than £75m. Hasn't he?

We have offered him a hell of a lot of money mate

Status
Not open for further replies.