Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying 2 lottery tickets instead of 1 gives me a better chance of winning the lotto doesn't mean I'm going to sack off my job in anticipation of picking up my winnings.

We will finish 7th this season, we have finished 5th and 6th many more times and some of those without a top striker at the club. We are just as far behind the top 4/5 clubs than we always have been, the amount of fans who are expecting us to finish top 4 next season whilst juggling the Europa league and hopefully the 2 domestic cups is kopite level deluded.

Aim for it by all means but don't do yourself out of £40-50 million by keeping a player who doesn't want to be here in the very faint hope.

Keeping Stones when he had 3/4 years left on his deal was excellent business, keeping Rom who only has 2 is poor business if he doesn't sign a new deal and the likely result is we might at best finish 5/6th instead of 7th next year and take a massive financial hit the following year when he's sold on the relative cheap.

Winning trophies or best for business?? Trophies for me everytime and having the premier leagues top scorer from the 2016/17 season improves our chances.

We cant keep an unhappy player who is this important.

£100M my hat. He'll go for about £75M in the summer.

Do the deal, and do it quickly so that we have the full three months to spend it.

Do the deal, and do it quickly so that we have the full three months to spend it.
I think £70/75m with addons. Everton will know where they stand by the end of the season, so I agree sort it quick, agree to sell or agree to keep him and don't be making another window of excuses.

If he's sold this summer, why do it early, the quicker we sell the quicker the clubs we want players from will hike up the price.

"We'll give you £25m"

"Didn't you just sell Lukaku?"

"We'll give you £50m"

Reactions: DRM
Winning trophies or best for business?? Trophies for me everytime and having the premier leagues top scorer from the 2016/17 season improves our chances.

Remind me of all the trophies we have won in these past 4 seasons with this world class striker mate? Heck even all these top 4 finishes. What rounds did we get dumped out the FA and League Cup this season?

Again this notion of we are 75% guaranteed a trophy or top 4 finish because we keep hold of Rom is naive at the least and deluded at the most. Liverpool are 4th with no out and out striker we are 7th with the league's best.

He doesn't want to be here get £80-85 million and reinvest in good players who fit Koemans style and believe in the club's project.

Remind me of all the trophies we have won in these past 4 seasons with this world class striker mate? Heck even all these top 4 finishes. What rounds did we get dumped out the FA and League Cup this season?

Again this notion of we are 75% guaranteed a trophy or top 4 finish because we keep hold of Rom is naive at the least and deluded at the most. Liverpool are 4th with no out and out striker we are 7th with the league's best.

He doesn't want to be here get £80-85 million and reinvest in good players who fit Koemans style and believe in the club's project.

The teams with the best players in most cases win trophies.

We want to try and keep our better players to try and win some silverware.

As much as I would like to keep Rom, there is an undeniable logic to that post.

I think £70/75m with addons. Everton will know where they stand by the end of the season, so I agree sort it quick, agree to sell or agree to keep him and don't be making another window of excuses.
The Stones deal last summer does not fill me with confidence that a quick deal will be done.

If Lukaku's sale is delayed and delayed, and it leads to a summer where we end up just spending what we get for him and a couple of others going out the door, there should be a storm of protests at the level of spending and big questions asked about wtf use Moshiri is.

I accept that scenario is not in play at the moment, but if it does roll out that way there can be no hiding place for the largest share holder calling the shots at the club.

The Stones deal last summer does not fill me with confidence that a quick deal will be done.

If Lukaku's sale is delayed and delayed, and it leads to a summer where we end up just spending what we get for him and a couple of others going out the door, there should be a storm of protests at the level of spending and big questions asked about wtf use Moshiri is.

I accept that scenario is not in play at the moment, but if it does roll out that way there can be no hiding place for the largest share holder calling the shots at the club.

Be funny if we kept Rom, and added circa £70 to £100m of players mind.

If the rulez allow that even.

As much as I would like to keep Rom, there is an undeniable logic to that post.

I would love us to keep Rom if he had 3+ years left on his deal or wanted to sign a new contract but it's clear he wants out I just don't see the benefits of letting his contract run down to the final year and losing a good £40 odd million from his sale that could get us 1-2 more top quality players, rather than keeping him when theirs very little guarantee we will finish 5/6th next season, never mind a title challenge or trophy win that alot of our fans are predicting.

Our best way forward is Koeman given a good £100-150 million to invest in players that fit his style and all fighting for the same cause. Keeping Rom on top of spending £150 million+ on CL quality players on 200k a week deals would obviously give us a higher chance of mixing it with the elite clubs, but we aren't bankrolled by a oligarch or sheikh.

And 3 months for you to slate EFC to the max!

Dont think the fee's are the problem, its (or it would be) the wages.

Have to say, I dont really have a clue mate.

Actually, I do. You are right. The fees are not an issue, (not in CL?), but the wages might be.

But then weve freed up a bundle from the wage will the last year or so.

Lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.