Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calls to replace Rom with Peter Crouch are a bit :Blink: imo.
Good target man (and, btw, I can't see Stoke letting one of their top players go to a league rival) but nowhere near as prolific as Lukaku. I think we can do better than Crouch.
I think you'll find crouch scored 6 goals last year and would be more than suitable for everton ;)

I don't think Niasse will provide anywhere near the goals that Lukaku did. And his hold up play is even worse than Rom's. Think I'd prefer Peter Crouch!!
Good lad , shall we start the bidding at 10mill ? Would say that's a bargain with all the money flying about these days.

Does anyone know what happened for him to be 99.9 percent signed for us then changed his mind?

2A1B4BAC00000578-0-image-m-9_1435660442745.jpg

Moshiri the saviour. Without actually saving us.

I don't get the love affair some here have with him - he hasn't done anything worth noting.
I think most everyone who is reasonable is willing to give him through this window. That will give him 3 Windows and allow for a learning curve. If we have a good summer. (Selling players to me isn't necessarily a negative - we aren't Real Madrid at the top of the food chain). Positive spend with good players coming in and approval/break ground of a stadium in 2018 and Moshiri is proving his worth. Negative spend this summer and there will be no defending him.

Do you think Stoke would release him to a rival club for 'the best of the rest' league? No way can I see Sparky sanctioning such a move.
It's a risk I must say but we've got a young lad in Jonny Walters coming through the ranks. Maybe we could do a swap deal for kone?

We all have our (differing) opinions on Rom. Good player. Could be very good. He wants out, so nows the time unfortunately. Needs to shut up though, had enough of his rhetoric to be honest.

Me to, and his whining when the ball isnt played to his feet for a `Bob Latchford` tap in the utter goal hanger

Status
Not open for further replies.