Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me yesterday summed him up there's been plenty of games we're he has managed to nick one and its sugar coated an abject performance (I know he is paid to score) yesterday he never and his faults stood as glaringly as his goal record

Given his champions league desire in his position I would treat every games as a champions league final so those select band of clubs can't help but notice the performance as well as the goal return ensuring he can't help but attract bids

Just don't think there will be a stampede come june
Mate he's averaged 20 league goals a season for four consecutive seasons playing for Everton. List all the other strikers who have achieved that. Look at their value, look at who they play for. Lukaku is the best striker you've seen at Everton in 30 years, casting doubt on his ability because he may want a transfer is a bit loopy.

Mate he's averaged 20 league goals a season for four consecutive seasons playing for Everton. List all the other strikers who have achieved that. Look at their value, look at who they play for. Lukaku is the best striker you've seen at Everton in 30 years, casting doubt on his ability because he may want a transfer is a bit loopy.

Scoring records not in doubt as I stated.
it's all the pantomime that goes with him first his dad chattin wamrom himself talking moves then his agent then the contract saga it's why I haven't ever warmed to him since he signed we have always been the stepping stone

If we get couple in who want to play upfront for us and they share the lukaku ratio between them job done

All joking aside, breaking 20 league goals for the first time was quite an achievement. He's had a great year.

Apparently Kane is only the fourth player to hit 20 or more in three consecutive seasons, which reinforces my growing belief that most strikers are just can crushing frauds, padding their records in the early rounds of the cups.

Agree wholeheartedly on his great goal scoring ratio.

Great finisher.

But I want more out of him. He says he wants to be the best. We see him as one of the best.

Yet he often is shackled by average defenders.
He is often wanting when it comes to physical challenges.

I think he's great but on Saturday he looked like a 1m pound player, not 100m.

It happens too often to be a world class player.

I can't put my finger on it; he should be bullying defenders and effecting games four out of every five times.

Would be interesting to see how he would do with a partner next to him but , and I may be being harsh, there is just something lacking to take him to the v top in my eyes.

Agree wholeheartedly on his great goal scoring ratio.

Great finisher.

But I want more out of him. He says he wants to be the best. We see him as one of the best.

Yet he often is shackled by average defenders.
He is often wanting when it comes to physical challenges.

I think he's great but on Saturday he looked like a 1m pound player, not 100m.

It happens too often to be a world class player.

I can't put my finger on it; he should be bullying defenders and effecting games four out of every five times.

Would be interesting to see how he would do with a partner next to him but , and I may be being harsh, there is just something lacking to take him to the v top in my eyes.
Absolutely this!!

If he does go no matter how much we get we will find it very hard to replace him. He's going to be top scorer in the league and we haven't had one of those in 30 years. Could be 30 more before we get another

Either side of Linekers 'season' we won the league, top goalscorer doesn't mean you win things.
The players in those teams also worked hard off the ball, something RK obviously likes.
However, although I feel, at least publicly, Ross got more stick for his work rate compared to Rom, If you see interviews RK still says "Roms work needs to improve" etc. Exemplified by yesterday when he didn't score (not entirely his own fault mind) but, didn't contribute much else.
There's so much raw talent/ability in him and still so many areas he can improve, that it'd be daft to simply give up, sell him and let someone else get the benefit of a maturing player. He needs to make the extra steps though to make him the top player he can be.

Either side of Linekers 'season' we won the league, top goalscorer doesn't mean you win things.
The players in those teams also worked hard off the ball, something RK obviously likes.
However, although I feel, at least publicly, Ross got more stick for his work rate compared to Rom, If you see interviews RK still says "Roms work needs to improve" etc. Exemplified by yesterday when he didn't score (not entirely his own fault mind) but, didn't contribute much else.
There's so much raw talent/ability in him and still so many areas he can improve, that it'd be daft to simply give up, sell him and let someone else get the benefit of a maturing player. He needs to make the extra steps though to make him the top player he can be.
Them years though mate we had a team of absolute greats. Players who walked into any side In the world. Probably the best team in Europe.

it really is getting a bit tiresome explaining these points to fellow blues. Just enjoy his strengths instead of picking flaws in his weak points because when he's gone there's a very small chance we'll attract his replacement to be someone who will score as many. That'd take some brilliant scouting so if we're being honest we'll have to buy two great strikers to try and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.