Robles out even after last night's performance?

Should Joel remain in an Everton shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People on here are ridiculous. When Howard is back to normal, you'll all be singing his praises again.

Robles is only 24 remember so of course people will be a bit nervous, especially when he's coming into a team performing poorly. He deserves at least a few more games and he'll be a very good keeper.

Get someone in like Marshall/ Butland/ Westwood. Give Robles a few more games, if he's struggling again look to one of those as back up. Howard needs the rest of the season off I reckon. He's pushing it age wise, played at the WC and played pretty much full seasons for the past ten years. No way will he be at full sharpness.

Again?

Who has been singing Howard's praises mate?

Admittedly not this season but last, and many before. Oh Howard is crap, Howard is great, he's crap again.

Yeah he's not been himself but he'll come good again and the forum will be flooded with posts such as "I always knew he'd be back to normal, I never doubted him" etc. He's not solely to blame either is he?

Admittedly not this season but last, and many before. Oh Howard is crap, Howard is great, he's crap again.

Yeah he's not been himself but he'll come good again and the forum will be flooded with posts such as "I always knew he'd be back to normal, I never doubted him" etc. He's not solely to blame either is he?

Many many have been off Howard for a long time mate.

Last season was more of an upward blip and we all hoped we had a good keeper.

He isn't though. He's 35 now and getting to the MLS while his stock is still high is a must for me.

We will never win a trophy with Tim Howard in goal. I'm sure of it.

Many many have been off Howard for a long time mate.

Last season was more of an upward blip and we all hoped we had a good keeper.

He isn't though. He's 35 now and getting to the MLS while his stock is still high is a must for me.

We will never win a trophy with Tim Howard in goal. I'm sure of it.
I see what you're saying man, I reckon he'll be able to play until he's at least 40. If we have the cash to get someone top class then yeah I agree - and as you say if his stock is still high we might get a nice sum.

Back to topic, Robles deserves his chance until he shows a reason why he shouldn't carry on as no. 1

He's shown what he's capable of now we just need to see if he can stay consistent. We shouldn't be signing a new keeper until the end of the season imo. We don't know what we need now.

He deserves 10 games before he's properly judged IMO.

Short term the defence look like they feel settled and trust him, his shot stopping is excellence and he looks like he's a bit more aggressive than he was. Good signs.

I hope he gets his chance.

I was impressed the way he commanded his area fisting the ball not intimidated by pony tail who had the license to foul unchecked by a poor ref all night- his best game yet!

Joel proved many blues wrong last night, he came out for high balls when Howard would have stood on his line & watched the ball go in the back of the net !
Hopefully Roberto will have the balls to give the lad a run of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.