Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I'm missing something that's obvious, Christiffa, but how would moving Heitinga on and bringing Alcaraz in enable us to
get Duffy out on loan? And, more to the point, why would you want to?

I like Duffy and I'm hoping our new boss gives him the game time he deserves. We only saw him briefly, but he did OK, imo.

Erm...well maybe my few words didn't explain properly. Basically ment....
Heitinga out - Duffy out on loan
Alcaraz in squad - plus a replacement in for distin (lescott)

Duffy needs games. A good run of them to properly judge him. He's not going to be ahead of jags and distin. We like all others need 4 CB's in the squad. The 4th choice ain't gonna feature much.

Duffy played 3/4 games and looked promising, good in the air and in the tackle, but slow, poor positioning, and needed heitinga telling him what to do, where to be etc. He's not ready for the PL just yet, and after a run of games with us could prove not good enough coming up against quality players. That's not having a go at the lad, it would be a big step.... He needs a 6month/1yr loan playing at a high standard to really access him properly.

People really do jump on our youngsters way to much, how many 20 yr old CB's are there that have broke thru to PL standard? Not many, any that have our top top class ones, which I'm sorry I don't think is Duffy currently.

It's time Martinez was announced. Let's get on with business. If he brings a couple of those bright lads from Wigan so much the better too.

So did I. Whelan was actually not a bad player. In those days of course, very few foreign players were playing at a high level in the UK, and teams had more, or in some cases, mostly, local players.

I actually saw that happen - on a black and white 14inch TV. There were no subs then. I don't think they would've won, though.

In fairness to Whelan having that happen to you is pretty massive and is likely something that will live with you for the rest of your life. I remember the documentary on Bobby Robson on tv a while back and Gary Lineker came in to his office for a chat. They had a photo of the Germany semi final defeat on the wall and Lineker asked Bobby if he ever thought about the game and he said ‘every day’, and Lineker agreed and said the same. They both sort of paused for a minute as if in thought of it once again. For Whelan playing at Wembley in the Cup Final would likely have been his boyhood dream and for it to end like it did and then have such an effect on his career as well, I can forgive him for maybe being bitter about it.

For him then to take a club that was amateur 30 years ago to the Premiership and then go on to win the FA Cup Final, you can imagine the subject is going to come up a few times in the media. I’d like to hope that most of the p’ss taking about his leg break is just light-hearted banter.

In fairness to Whelan having that happen to you is pretty massive and is likely something that will live with you for the rest of your life. I remember the documentary on Bobby Robson on tv a while back and Gary Lineker came in to his office for a chat. They had a photo of the Germany semi final defeat on the wall and Lineker asked Bobby if he ever thought about the game and he said ‘every day’, and Lineker agreed and said the same. They both sort of paused for a minute as if in thought of it once again. For Whelan playing at Wembley in the Cup Final would likely have been his boyhood dream and for it to end like it did and then have such an effect on his career as well, I can forgive him for maybe being bitter about it.

For him then to take a club that was amateur 30 years ago to the Premiership and then go on to win the FA Cup Final, you can imagine the subject is going to come up a few times in the media. I’d like to hope that most of the p’ss taking about his leg break is just light-hearted banter.

Whelan broke his leg?

Imagine the reaction here if there was a newsflash on SSN, 'After extensive interviews, Bill Kenwright has concluded that Tony Pulis would be the correct man to take control of Everton'

Imagine the reaction here if there was a newsflash on SSN, 'After extensive interviews, Bill Kenwright has concluded that Tony Pulis would be the correct man to take control of Everton'

I'd have to ditch my laptop because of all the puke in the keyboard.

Well. This is taking the mick a bit.

Rushed downstairs at 12 to put Sky Sports News on when I seen there was an update imminent. Still waiting an hour later ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.