Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotta say, just imagine the change in atompshere these players or Martinez will feel when they come to Goodison on the first day. What a change from the DW. If it will be anything like last years opening day they will **** themselves as they are not used to it!

Gotta say, just imagine the change in atompshere these players or Martinez will feel when they come to Goodison on the first day. What a change from the DW. If it will be anything like last years opening day they will **** themselves as they are not used to it!

Judging by the 3-0 footballing lesson they gave us not so long ago i think they'd be sound mate ;)

There's no need to say something like that, it doesn't achieve anything, and it's unnecessarily insulting. To be honest, Goodison on occasion is comparable to a graveyard. ****ting over another club - over clubs like Wigan - to big ourselves up isn't the way it should be done.

Can the papers please stop linking us with crap Wigan defenders?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfers-antolin-alcaraz-set-1931905?

The latest tale is Martinez will be 'swooping' for 'trusted centre-half, 30 year old Antolin Alcaraz - available on a free transfer, whose arrival will help him switch Everton to a 3-5-2 formation'.

The worst part of Wigan's team was their defence, so why on earth would we be signing one of their crap defenders - especially one that is 30 years old (when we already have Jags nearly 31, Distin 35, and Heitinga nearly 30), also someone on a free?

The notion that Martinez will improve at Everton because he'll have better players at his disposal will become flawed if he starts signing crap Wigan defenders!

I personally rate Alcaraz. I wouldn't go in for McManaman or McCarthy simply as I expect 'the DW' to be asking for exorbitant prices and we've already been arsed about by him. I would however take Alcaraz without doubt, and consider Figueroa as both are on frees, but then we've got Oviedo who I hope will get more game time. If Baines is sold - and evidently I really hope not and, given comments about his admiration for Martinez I think we've got a good chance of keeping him - then it might not be worth it.
I think Maloney would be a very astute buy, think we could get him on the cheap and he has been reinvigorated by Martinez. I'd be very happy with Maloney and Alcaraz for £2-3 million

I personally rate Alcaraz. I wouldn't go in for McManaman or McCarthy simply as I expect 'the DW' to be asking for exorbitant prices and we've already been arsed about by him. I would however take Alcaraz without doubt, and consider Figueroa as both are on frees, but then we've got Oviedo who I hope will get more game time. If Baines is sold - and evidently I really hope not and, given comments about his admiration for Martinez I think we've got a good chance of keeping him - then it might not be worth it.
I think Maloney would be a very astute buy, think we could get him on the cheap and he has been reinvigorated by Martinez. I'd be very happy with Maloney and Alcaraz for £2-3 million

I think there's always a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 when a new manager comes in and gets linked with half his old team but IMO....

Alcaraz - Not actualy a bad defender, was clearly a major blow for Wigan him being injured so long. Is he good enough for us I'm not sure but if heitinga is moved on and it enables us to get Duffy out on loan, on a free he wouldn't be a bad squad addition. Still think we'd need better as a distin replacement tho.

Figueroa - Definately in the not good enough catergery for us. If for back up purpose we have Oveido, if the unthinkable happens and baines goes for big money there are a lot of better options out there for us to buy. The young kid shaw from Southampton being one.

McArthy - He's a very promising player but definately needs a few things adding to his game yet. The problem would be his fee. As a minimum I would think Wigan want 10M, but probably more...Martinez has also seemed to play him deeper where we play Gibson, even with a Fellaini sale, and as promising as McCarthy is, I don't think he's the player we need. Although probably the most likely of any.

Maloney - We have Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, even Green shortly to play that role. No need for the average Maloney whatsoever.

McManaman - Very raw and only a few games under his belt. Same problem again, Wigan would over value him at this point. When you consider we could bring in Sinclair for a simlar amount or Donovan for a fraction of the price I don't see it being a wise move. Martinez has already said he's not ready yet and the best place for him is a year in the championship.

Kone - 30 yr old with a 6.5M release fee. He's not a bad player but again we need better and younger. Our marque signing this summer needs to be a top striker. After that if jelavic was to move on then maybe kone as a squad player but I can't see it realistically.

So there we go...alcaraz maybe, McCarthy maybe dependent on Fellaini and fee but there just maybe's. there always 1 or 2 very good players even in relegation teams so don't panic!

Last edited:
I think there's always a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 when a new manager comes in and gets linked with half his old team but IMO....

Alcaraz - Not actualy a bad defender, was clearly a major blow for Wigan him being injured so long. Is he good enough for us I'm not sure but if heitinga is moved on and it enables us to get Duffy out on loan, on a free he wouldn't be a bad squad addition. Still think we'd need better as a distin replacement tho.

Figueroa - Definately in the not good enough catergery for us. If for back up purpose we have Oveido, if the unthinkable happens and baines goes for big money there are a lot of better options out there for us to buy. The young kid shaw from Southampton being one.

McArthy - He's a very promising player but definately needs a few things adding to his game yet. The problem would be his fee. As a minimum I would think Wigan want 10M, but probably more...Martinez has also seemed to play him deeper where we play Gibson, even with a Fellaini sale, and as promising as McCarthy is, I don't think he's the player we need. Although probably the most likely of any.

Maloney - We have Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, even Green shortly to play that role. No need for the average Maloney whatsoever.

McManaman - Very raw and only a few games under his belt. Same problem again, Wigan would over value him at this point. When you consider we could bring in Sinclair for a simlar amount or Donovan for a fraction of the price I don't see it being a wise move. Martinez has already said he's not ready yet and the best place for him is a year in the championship.

Kone - 30 yr old with a 6.5M release fee. He's not a bad player but again we need better and younger. Our marque signing this summer needs to be a top striker. After that if jelavic was to move on then maybe kone as a squad player but I can't see it realistically.

So there we go...alcaraz maybe, McCarthy maybe dependent on Fellaini and fee but there just maybe's. there always 1 or 2 very good players even in relegation teams so don't panic!

I nearly, nearly agree.

I think McMannanananananananananaman just needs to show me it over a longer period of time for me to be convinced about him. He seems a right snidey little sh*t too. Which isn't always a bad thing, and I did enjoy him ripping City a new one in the cup final.

He's pretty much the only one I might take.

I fear Figeroa might come as he's on a free isn't he? He's the lad who takes pot shots from the half way line though isn't he? Just looking for positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.