Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing happened today, then we should be concerned that its gone wrong and Stubbs will be installed at the manager.

Don't want Figueora, don't think I want McManamanamaman, don't think I want McCarthey, could live with Alcaraz so long as we paid nothing for him and he didn't get in the way of Duffy's development.

I'm just hoping that Bill is not being pushed into an internal appointment by those around him. This must be done today.

If nothing happened today, then we should be concerned that its gone wrong and Stubbs will be installed at the manager.

Getting a bad feeling about all this,to be honest Bill must find it hard to trust Dave .

I'm just hoping that Bill is not being pushed into an internal appointment by those around him. This must be done today.

Just calm down chaps. It will take as long as it takes.

Saying IT MUST BE DONE TODAY just sounds desperate mate. In fact i'd rather it done tomorrow (and think it will be) as i'm working from home!!

I think there's always a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 when a new manager comes in and gets linked with half his old team but IMO....

Alcaraz - Not actualy a bad defender, was clearly a major blow for Wigan him being injured so long. Is he good enough for us I'm not sure but if heitinga is moved on and it enables us to get Duffy out on loan, on a free he wouldn't be a bad squad addition. Still think we'd need better as a distin replacement tho.

Figueroa - Definately in the not good enough catergery for us. If for back up purpose we have Oveido, if the unthinkable happens and baines goes for big money there are a lot of better options out there for us to buy. The young kid shaw from Southampton being one.

McArthy - He's a very promising player but definately needs a few things adding to his game yet. The problem would be his fee. As a minimum I would think Wigan want 10M, but probably more...Martinez has also seemed to play him deeper where we play Gibson, even with a Fellaini sale, and as promising as McCarthy is, I don't think he's the player we need. Although probably the most likely of any.

Maloney - We have Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, even Green shortly to play that role. No need for the average Maloney whatsoever.

McManaman - Very raw and only a few games under his belt. Same problem again, Wigan would over value him at this point. When you consider we could bring in Sinclair for a simlar amount or Donovan for a fraction of the price I don't see it being a wise move. Martinez has already said he's not ready yet and the best place for him is a year in the championship.

Kone - 30 yr old with a 6.5M release fee. He's not a bad player but again we need better and younger. Our marque signing this summer needs to be a top striker. After that if jelavic was to move on then maybe kone as a squad player but I can't see it realistically.

So there we go...alcaraz maybe, McCarthy maybe dependent on Fellaini and fee but there just maybe's. there always 1 or 2 very good players even in relegation teams so don't panic!

Sorry if I'm missing something that's obvious, Christiffa, but how would moving Heitinga on and bringing Alcaraz in enable us to
get Duffy out on loan? And, more to the point, why would you want to?

I like Duffy and I'm hoping our new boss gives him the game time he deserves. We only saw him briefly, but he did OK, imo.

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm missing something that's obvious, Christiffa, but how would moving Heitinga on and bringing Alcaraz in enable us to
get Duffy out on loan? And, more to the point, why would you want to?

I like Duffy and I'm hoping our new boss gives him the game time he deserves. We only saw him briefly, but he did OK, imo.
Gibson said that he started five games for us and was Man of the Match three times

I actually saw that happen - on a black and white 14inch TV. There were no subs then. I don't think they would've won, though.

So did I. Whelan was actually not a bad player. In those days of course, very few foreign players were playing at a high level in the UK, and teams had more, or in some cases, mostly, local players.

Status
Not open for further replies.