Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cry more, 'unfinished business summer 2013', 'tanking games to get their pals appointed'.

And you try to play the victim and come the 'I never said that', 'you never gave the manager a chance' rubbish.

Your on a wind up, and by the looks of your history on this forum, have been allowed to for years. A few fake calling outs on kopites doesn't hide your true red colours. Troll!
Hahahaha dave a red think ur a wum

image.jpg

I admit 'proper Evertonians' was probably not the best phrase to use however if he means 'get behind the team and support' I can understand that.

In the 90's when it was bad the crowd was on top form because that's what the team needed.

Against WBA, you could hear the players shouting instructions to each other, it was like standing on Clubmoor playing fields on a Sunday morning. If it's not that, some are waiting for the first pass back, just for a chance to boo.

'Proper Evertonian' is not the thing to say and I agree that Martinez also needs to look at how he sets his team up, but as a match going crowd, things need to improve on our part too.

I admit 'proper Evertonians' was probably not the best phrase to use however if he means 'get behind the team and support' I can understand that.

In the 90's when it was bad the crowd was on top form because that's what the team needed.

Against WBA, you could hear the players shouting instructions to each other, it was like standing on Clubmoor playing fields on a Sunday morning. If it's not that, some are waiting for the first pass back, just for a chance to boo.

'Proper Evertonian' is not the thing to say and I agree that Martinez also needs to look at how he sets his team up, but as a match going crowd, things need to improve on our part too.
Completely agree, I sit in GT2 and it's ridiculous how quiet it is, full of people moaning and waiting for the first chance to kick off, the crowd need to start stepping up as well now not just the players

Dave am not one to post or reply to what anyone else posts, just a browser on here, but one question. If Moyes had won 5 out of 23 would u be sticking up for him.

I want Martinez to stay by the way just think he needs to show some balls an stop being mr nice guy

Nobody old or new or even martinez himself last season would be defended for the run of results and where we are in the league this season. Most of, if not all would be on there way or very close to it.

Question is was last season a fluke with his tactics combined with someone else's team and tactics or is this season the real martinez affect once he's fully employing his own tactics?

Good points there. I know everyone's cheesed off at the moment, I am too. But I was surprised how flat the crowd was before kick off, given the potential importance of the outcome. The crowd were at their most vociferous during the half time holywood show ffs. I'd really built myself up for that game, criticism is fine at the right time, but this team is in desperate need of support, we need to do our bit to get us moving in the right direction.

I think it works both ways with regards to the crowd. The majority of people going into the game against WBA knew we would be facing a team who would be tightly packed, would sit back and come for a draw, if they were lucky maybe hit us on the break.

Then the team come out and put in a lacklustre display, no drive, no pinning the opposition back it was just meh, like a defence vs attack training session. It's hard for the crowd to get excited. If we were having chance after chance it'd be a different story; but the predictably of the football is so much that we are going the game and watching nothing really.

He should never have used the term, regardless of the rest of the interview because it's immediately going to divide

It's quiet because of the pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow pass slow football ffs. No-one rational can generate a noise watching that.

If Martinez is only disappointed with one game this season then he is truly deluded.
Every week he just keeps digging a bigger hole for himself. Admit that we haven't been up to our high standards and maybe you could get a shred of credibility back.

The true stupidity wasn't his poor use of words IMO, it was the fact he made them at a time when his ability is under close scrutiny for good reason. It strongly suggests he is feeling enormous pressure and isn't dealing with it well. Not an especially good sign.

Ha Ha Ha. 12th in the league looking to sack the manager.

Currently trending on twitter UK

#FickleEvertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.