Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% Martinez fell asleep at the wheel in the immediate aftermath of the WC. For the life of me, I'll never understand why he allowed Mirallas and Lukaku extra 'WC recovery time'. and the preseason energy was pathetic. As you say, he had a nightmare transfer window in terms of balancing out the cash.

However, I do trace almost every low we've had back to the Barkley injury at the start of the season. We were stumped by it. The shape and discipline of the team hasn't been there all season...in fact it may have contributed to others needing to do a lot more and getting injured.

I still can't believe the idiot didn't buy an ACM, it should have been one of the main priorities and is the reason fate is kicking us in the balls, terrible transfer window, i've lost all faith in this manager to do the right things when needed

I still can't believe the idiot didn't buy an ACM, it should have been one of the main priorities and is the reason fate is kicking us in the balls, terrible transfer window, i've lost all faith in this manager to do the right things when needed

Why would he buy an ACM when we had Barkley? What he should have done is get some decent cover at RB and maybe even another CB as we have the worst defensive record in the league.

i've lost all faith in this manager to do the right things when needed

edwardtubbsthewickerman.jpg

Why would he buy an ACM when we had Barkley? What he should have done is get some decent cover at RB and maybe even another CB as we have the worst defensive record in the league.

In case of any injuries to Ross, to give him a rest at times, to give Ross someone to work with and learn from on the training pitch, to take pressure off him, for tactical reasons in games were we could move them around a bit and because we have no one else who is really effective in that area, there is lots of reasons mate

In case of any injuries to Ross, to give him a rest at times, to give Ross someone to work with and learn from on the training pitch, to take pressure off him, for tactical reasons in games were we could move them around a bit and because we have no one else who is really effective in that area, there is lots of reasons mate
We have options there believe it or not. More than we do elsewhere. But because our team is so torn apart by injuries, it doesn't matter that we have cover there as we've been effectively putting out a 2nd XI. When you lose that quality all over the pitch you inevitably see a drop in performance and results. Any team in this league losing 6 key 1st XI players would struggle.
Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith and Eto'o are all viable options to play in the number 10 role.

Luxury items when you have a a 50 year old rb as cover and a 76 yr old center back.

Yes, it's all pretty clear: we should have a squad like Chelsea or City.

Can't think of a single reason why that record points achieving Spanish eejit hasn't done this in three transfer windows.

Well, apart from not having the money to buy and pay strong, young players.

My word! Doesn't the Catalan clown realize he has to pander to every supporter's particular agenda? Fool. Martinez OUT!

Up until Christmas we were very lucky with injuries. This season we've been hammered. Only other issue is the we haven't got as many players who can turn a game. Last season we had Barkley , Rom, Gerry and Coleman all doing things out of the ordinary. They're either injured or gone this year.

It's small margins at the top end of football.

Any team would suffer from the injuries we've had.

The only games im annoyed with Martinez for are Crystal Palace and Swansea when he rested players for a game we always choke on.

The rest of the performances were down to weak player mentality: Leicester, Arsenal, Liverpool, and injuries: United. We were also outclassed against Chelsea.

Quite simply, we have had bad injuries to our key players Barkley, Coleman, Mirallas and now Stones and McCarthy (hopefully the latter not long term). As soon as Barkley gets near to training again, Mirallas gets a long term injury, as soon as Stones get's himself cemented again he picks up one too, we are simply having bad luck there.

That said, some of the performances have been disappointing and lacking in urgency, particularly the last 2 league games when we have looked unsure and have tended to have lots of possession which has no end product.

Gibson and Oviedo coming back is like bedding a new player in again, so they join Atsu, Besic and Eto'o in being new to the club and needing a little bedding in time.

Think we might need a little bit of luck which could define the run up to Christmas. The next few games are massive and the players need to be revved up for a push.

With Eto'o, Lukaku, Naismith, Barkley and Osman we have enough in the final third of the pitch to cause worry, though the wide areas are a bit of a concern as McGeady, Peinaar and Atsu are not pulling up any trees at present and Coleman who puts teams on the back foot as we know needs to get back ASAP.

Between Barry, McCarthy, Besic and Gibson we should have enough in the centre.

The next 2 league games are massive as they could send a bit of momentum into the side and inject a bit of confidence back, I think this is where we see how good he really is, but I am not doubting him for one minute!

Could this signing turn out to be our Andy Carroll moment?

That is a good point mate.
He had a poor world cup and a few clubs swerved him.
He has great potential but needs to get fit and realise he has a great job.
Not a clue why he has been on the right wing but has to put more in

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.