Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we pressured every team to force mistakes and regain possession, this year we're sitting back

I couldn't agree more. I can remember watching with wonder how when the team lost the ball how quickly we would get it back. None of that this year at all, it's very strange... :confused:

I'm not sure quite why the midfield is suddenly dropping back and ceding ground and possession, letting the opposition play it about in front of us.

What has happened to the tippy-tap, lose the ball and work like feck to get it back, then tippy-tap again?

It's all tippy-tap, lose the ball and panic, quick get back in to formation, let's leave no space for them to exploit and when it gets to Howard let's tippy-tap again..

We're almost certainly missing the pace of Barkley, Coleman, Del-boy and Mirallas this year. With very little pace, tippy-tap-catch-em-on-the-break just doesn't work.

Said this to me arl fella the other day - we took a massive dent in our confidence following the Arsenal game that we still don't look to have fully recovered from. It was really from that point on that our defense was put under the spotlight and we just haven't looked the same Everton since.

I couldn't agree more. I can remember watching with wonder how when the team lost the ball how quickly we would get it back. None of that this year at all, it's very strange... :confused:

I'm not sure quite why the midfield is suddenly dropping back and ceding ground and possession, letting the opposition play it about in front of us.

What has happened to the tippy-tap, lose the ball and work like feck to get it back, then tippy-tap again?

It's all tippy-tap, lose the ball and panic, quick get back in to formation, let's leave no space for them to exploit and when it gets to Howard let's tippy-tap again..

We're almost certainly missing the pace of Barkley, Coleman, Del-boy and Mirallas this year. With very little pace, tippy-tap-catch-em-on-the-break just doesn't work.

Not sure about the tippy tappy counter, seems a bit of a contradiction to me.

I think the problem is that we seem very lethargic still in defence, and whilst this year we're still scoring loads, its at the back that we are losing games.
That's not formation, mostly it appears to be just lazy closing down around the edge of the box.

I have said it a million times, we need a plan B and some luck with injuries. Indivual mistakes have also cost us dearly. it feels like a long season already.

Keep the faith people.

This season has been so cursed with long injury lay offs for a handful of key players all occurring on top of each other that you cant possibly draw any conclusion on Martinez's second season progress.

Imo, we have last season to go on; making a judgement on him this season would be largely unfair.

All about silverware for this season now, for Bob.

A great EL/FA cup run and top 8 and I'll count this as a good season, given the circumstances.

This season has been so cursed with long injury lay offs for a handful of key players all occurring on top of each other that you cant possibly draw any conclusion on Martinez's second season progress.

Imo, we have last season to go on; making a judgement on him this season would be largely unfair.
Despite the injuries dave he has been poor since the summer.
Pre season was a joke and he should have worked better in the transfer market.
His subs and tactics have been sub standard and mistakes keep happening to suggest there is something underlying going on.
The Distin thing is strange and we have no plan b.
Out tempo is slow and the players are playing well under par.
Injuries happen mate but I am worried about Martinez something is not right.
Wigan went down waving the white flag and I question his appetite .
He is such a nice man but is it weakness I don't know?

Status
Not open for further replies.