Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
KERRRIST!
I accepted your opinion without criticism as I say time will tell, to me Martinez is a phoney who hangs pictures at FF and says the right thing when needed and our fans lap it up, Rodgers was the same last season giving it the old 'history', 'tradition' and 'wonderful supporters' fortunately he had Suarez and Sturridge to fall back on.

How many times this season have we truly played well for 90 minutes??????

I accepted your opinion without criticism as I say time will tell, to me Martinez is a phoney who hangs pictures at FF and says the right thing when needed and our fans lap it up, Rodgers was the same last season giving it the old 'history', 'tradition' and 'wonderful supporters' fortunately he had Suarez and Sturridge to fall back on.

Fa Cup win, though. Winning the FA cup with wigan is an achievement unmatched in modern times and you can't take that away with him.

After our last manager got the Man U job, I'm just going to admit I am entirely incapable of predicting who will go for who.
Moyes took a team from and average of 17th and perennial relegation scrappers to an average of 7th on a budget that averaged a spend of 1.2 million per year

Fa Cup win, though. Winning the FA cup with wigan is an achievement unmatched in modern times and you can't take that away with him.
How many times have we truly played well for 90 minutes?

Alec Mcleish won the league cup and i'd do anything to see Everton win that yet I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club he got a team relegated the same season too

And that turned out to be exactly the skills you need to win trophies with a trophy winning team didn't it?
Some will be against many will be for and the answer will be in time. simple, i hope I never have to say I told you so, I want to be wrong

He hasn't moved our attacking play on at all and we're still conceding some really sloppy goals, but we never play garbage football anymore and rarely look like a poor team, which is a huge improvement.

More than you're letting on. We were dominant for the whole game vs fulham, stoke, qpr etc, etc.
Behave before and just after their goal their only looked one winner, stoke ill give you and big frill that we beat a QPR team more interested in promotion

Arsenal will want someone with European experience, they will also be looking at how Moyes is getting on and probably want a bigger European name that will garner instant respect from the squad.

There's not even any evidence to suggest that arsenal would want to appoint a "possession/passing" manager. The board and fans may want a change from hose tactics as they haven't exactly worked for them over the last few years. And it's not like a possession game is a massively long term ingrained "philosophy" of the club. Under Graham their success was based on a tight defensive game, early Wenger was a fast paced counter attacking team that had some very successful wing play from the likes of Overmars and Pires. In fact have they won anything since they went to their possession based game? The fans and board may think its time to try something new out.

Anyway, I still think Wenger will sign a new contract.

He hasn't moved our attacking play on at all and we're still conceding some really sloppy goals, but we never play garbage football anymore and rarely look like a poor team, which is a huge improvement.
Statistically that is right in terms of chances created, but of course that does not matter as we had over 50% possession away at Chelsea which means we are Barcelona

Thanks mate ... and I truly mean that because you nail your colours to the mast no flim flam about being a Martinez supporter you get stuck right with he's a "phoney" it's about as venomous as you can get (please note some previous posters).

I disagree entirely of course but yep, it's an opinion I see will not be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.