Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest Coyney, I think they're all disloyal when it comes down to it. We wouldn't have the Yak if he hadn't been disloyal to Boro. Sometimes disloyalty in the team can even work in your favour. We got rid of one nasty piece of work just a few years ago and did very nicely out of it.
Have to agree with you there.Even the fans lack it I could not believe it when they turned on Arteta if ever a guy deserved a bit of slack it was him.

Have to agree with you there.Even the fans lack it I could not believe it when they turned on Arteta if ever a guy deserved a bit of slack it was him.

I hae it when the fans pick out players to disrespect. Okay, if the guy is obviously taking the piss then so be it. But when they're just not playing well enough then it is horrible (McFadden, anyone!)

He's a class act in my opinion. He guarentees 20 goals a season, creates goals and works his socks off. Him and Torres would be a leathel partnership. Torres playing as the centre forward with Keane floating around him and causing havoc.

I wouldn't want the [Poor language removed] to get him. He'd really improve them.

He's a class act in my opinion. He guarentees 20 goals a season, creates goals and works his socks off. Him and Torres would be a leathel partnership. Torres playing as the centre forward with Keane floating around him and causing havoc.

I wouldn't want the [Poor language removed] to get him. He'd really improve them.

I don't think Keane will provide the killer touch that you claim, TB. He's good but he's not so much more different to AJ, although he does, in fact, score. To me his game seems to be about work-rate. And seeing as he plays in a team that is very attacking, then he's always going to score goals (if it wasn't him, it would be someone else). But you might be right, I just don't see him as world-class, the same level as Torres and that ilk, which is what the RS ultimately desire. I think this signing is a signifier that the RS are indeed skint and Keane will be there to fill out a place up until the time they have a spare £20m to spend on a frontman.

I don't think Keane will provide the killer touch that you claim, TB. He's good but he's not so much more different to AJ, although he does, in fact, score. To me his game seems to be about work-rate. And seeing as he plays in a team that is very attacking, then he's always going to score goals (if it wasn't him, it would be someone else). But you might be right, I just don't see him as world-class, the same level as Torres and that ilk, which is what the RS ultimately desire. I think this signing is a signifier that the RS are indeed skint and Keane will be there to fill out a place up until the time they have a spare £20m to spend on a frontman.

Keane's nothing like AJ. AJ is an out and out striker whearas Keane likes to drop off into the hole. He's more of a second striker in my opinion.

He's a very clever footballer and his style would suit Torres. Torres likes to run in behind and Keane's capable of linking up with the midfield and picking him out.

According to a Spurs fan he got 23 goals and 8 assists last season which proves he's got a bit of both. He can create and score.

I agree signing someone like Barry is stupid as he's not a step up from anyone else in there current midfield but Keane has the quality and style to improve them.

I've got to say though 20 million is alot of money. I think he's worth more around the 15 million mark personally.

I've got to say though 20 million is alot of money. I think he's worth more around the 15 million mark personally.

It's being reported that Crouch + £5m is the offer on the table. I suppose that would value Keane at the £14m mark, or thereabouts. I think we did okay with Yak, if that is really the valuation.

It's being reported that Crouch + £5m is the offer on the table. I suppose that would value Keane at the £14m mark, or thereabouts. I think we did okay with Yak, if that is really the valuation.
I know a couple of their fans and they reckon he misses too many chances his scoring to chances ratio is poor mind you the same guys have themselves in the top two next seasonlol

I know a couple of their fans and they reckon he misses too many chances his scoring to chances ratio is poor mind you the same guys have themselves in the top two next seasonlol

I've seen him miss a few sitters. To be fair, though, I've seen some wonderful play from him and Berbs as a team as well.

It's funny with Spurs, the fans always seem to believe that they're heading for glory but they never quite make it. Still, one day they will, unlike the delusional Geordies (thinking of the banter on Football-rumours.com concerning Everton/Spurs V. The Geordies lol)

I hae it when the fans pick out players to disrespect. Okay, if the guy is obviously taking the piss then so be it. But when they're just not playing well enough then it is horrible (McFadden, anyone!)

obviously to every rule there's an exception. as eddie waring used to say to stewart hall.......it's time to play the joker.
i give you the bone idle, the waste of bench space that is ANDY VAN DER MEYDE.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

I've seen him miss a few sitters. To be fair, though, I've seen some wonderful play from him and Berbs as a team as well.

It's funny with Spurs, the fans always seem to believe that they're heading for glory but they never quite make it. Still, one day they will, unlike the delusional Geordies (thinking of the banter on Football-rumours.com concerning Everton/Spurs V. The Geordies lol)
I worry about myself ,I have to have a look at that site every night I even posted a ridiculas rumour you know the my dads mates dads mums mums sister sort and a guy came on to confirm itlollol

I worry about myself ,I have to have a look at that site every night I even posted a ridiculas rumour you know the my dads mates dads mums mums sister sort and a guy came on to confirm itlollol

That might have been me, mate lol. I did one today saying that Keane was a replacement for Torres, not a partner. I claimed that Torres would be sold to help with funding preliminary building work of the new stadium. I need to get out more, I know. :oops:

He's only got another season for a "top flight" team in him and probably wants a big payoff. Probably making Spurs sweat to give a bumber deal.

Personally, his age now, he'll end up like a Bellamy on a good day for the RS, and I dont think Spurs want Crouch being that Ramos aint keep on his home-grown players.

Good player but he'd be a one season jobbie and be released soon after.

If the [Poor language removed] want someone permanent they'd probably go for someone younger.

That might have been me, mate lol. I did one today saying that Keane was a replacement for Torres, not a partner. I claimed that Torres would be sold to help with funding preliminary building work of the new stadium. I need to get out more, I know. :oops:
Was it you who wrote about the Geordie's being a bigger club because they get bigger gates and being a big club has nothing to do with what you've won in your historylollol

Was it you who wrote about the Geordie's being a bigger club because they get bigger gates and being a big club has nothing to do with what you've won in your historylollol

Not one of mine, mate. The last one I had done was that Barry wouldn't be coming because Liverpool were too skint to afford him. Rafael had been told he had to sell before he could buy. TBH, most of my rumours tend not to make it past the editorial stage. I did a great one the other day pretending to be Rafael's nephew, Manuel, from Spain (I even used broken English). I said Rafael was going to resign because the chairmen didn't trust him with buying players. I was gutted that that one didn't appear since I found it quite hilarious. b)

Status
Not open for further replies.