2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has he?

He’s literally proven to be the level of elite. Established with the greats of the Brazilian national team, and has proven he can play against the top sides.

He’s not a World Class player, but he’s a player any of the top sides would love.
I agree. However, I often hear different from quite a few fairly objective and mainly impartial fans. For some reason, he doesn't have the best of reputations.

Personally, I think we will thrive at a top team.

How has he?

He’s literally proven to be the level of elite. Established with the greats of the Brazilian national team, and has proven he can play against the top sides.

He’s not a World Class player, but he’s a player any of the top sides would love.
Screenshot_20220611-095131_Chrome.jpg

Oh but that's not fair he missed time this season and the team was awful. Ok here is a few years ago when neither of those things are true:

Screenshot_20220611-095201_Chrome.jpg

£50m to Spurs would be an utter disaster. PL transfer has to be £65m+. Abroad £55m+
Add to that Spurs would be a close rival if we're aiming for Europe in the next 3-4 years

Disappointed if this is true, naturally. It’ll hurt to see him against us. The only positive spin i can put on it is we won’t have to replace a goal or assist machine. We’re losing a fan favourite that seemed very much in tune with us fans. In pure footballing terms he isn’t the most polished, coughs up a lot of possession and doesn’t post particularly great numbers. A loss yes but certainly not a catastrophic one

£50m to Spurs would be an utter disaster. PL transfer has to be £65m+. Abroad £55m+
Add to that Spurs would be a close rival if we're aiming for Europe in the next 3-4 years
In three to four years Kane will likely be gone and so will Conte. We can worry about what Spurs look like then later. We have to get our rebuild right first.

View attachment 169611

Oh but that's not fair he missed time this season and the team was awful. Ok here is a few years ago when neither of those things are true:

View attachment 169612
Isn’t this pointless though? On that second image a lot of those players have fallen off a cliff- Rashford, Martial, Wood and Ings in particular. Also seems strange to compare him to pure strikers like Vardy and Aguero. I’d also be very curious to know the kind of goal returns Sterling and Mane were getting before their moves as well. I reckon Richarlison has a better record than they did.

In 30 appearances this year he has 10 goals and 5 assists. In a diabolical team. You really think he couldn’t do better than that? In a much better side with a world class manager?

His work rate will also be massively appreciated. Can see him flourishing under Conte for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.