2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are overrating some players here..

It was more about having quality and also having depth which we havent had in a long time.

On paper good Zat, how many goals this season have those 7 players got though?

I know, but i cant see how to best judge players under Benitez.

Leicester are 12th for example and have Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison, Daka, Barnes, Lookman, Perez, Albrigton.. I’d take that lot ahead of ours all day.

I think DCL, Richarlison, Gordon, Gray and Dele are all better players than Leicester's aside from Vardy (35 now) and Barnes.

Overrating too many of these. All the top 6 have better options. Leicester probably do as well.

I’ve always thought we have a top ten forward line, a bottom half midfield (although improved by VdB), and one of the worst defences in the league.

Banking on our decent forwards and goalkeeper being the difference between us and the teams at the bottom.

If we were to go with 3 across the top and had DCL, Richarlison, Dele, Gordon, Gray and Dobbin then its 6 players competing for 3 positions -- which is ideal.

City, RS, United and Chelsea have better.

Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and Villa have a couple of very good players but dont have the depth across the front.

I think what we lack are the players behind them (like you stated) to bring out the best in the forward line.

With Richarlison, he actually has everything, he's a fantastic and a wonderfully committed player.

On paper i think we 'could' be the 5th or 6th best attacking unit in the league but we need that unit to actually learn to play as a unit -- most of them are too selfish when it makes more sense to pass.

Richarlison needs to be tied down to a long term deal. I expect next season in a front foot, high pressing attacking team he'll have a standout role.

Not to elevate things too much but Suarez was hitting 1 in 3 for another 2 seasons before he morphed into a world class player.

Preseason will be critical with Lampard drilling the players on interplay and movement...our forward line can all interchange and I think and am hopeful that it will see the emergence of Richarlison as an elite player.

Richarlison winds other teams fans up because he is a born winner, as well as being a very good footballer who gets right in their face.

Whatever anyone thinks of him, he always gives 100% and does not take seconds from anyone.

Shane long gives 100% every game but I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our team.

Just because he is one of our stronger players ant mean he’s amazing. Our team is full of crap and we are one of the worst teams in the league. Sad but unfortunately true

Just to add, how many teams have better forward options than:

Richarlison
DCL
Gordon
Dele
Gray

Dobbin
Townsend

Cant be too many.

The thing with Richarlison is that i think he needs a settled position. The players around him.also need to feed him...rather than being too selfish.
When you see the team listed you have to wonder what we were playing at between August and now.

Shane long gives 100% every game but I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our team.

Just because he is one of our stronger players ant mean he’s amazing. Our team is full of crap and we are one of the worst teams in the league. Sad but unfortunately true
Yeah, I forgot Long, I remember when he scored all those goals for Brazil. Oh wait.

Ignoring the mental Shane Long comparison I just don’t think you’re right on your last point.

If we are one of the worst teams in the league then Benitez wasn’t doing a bad job as we were above the relegation zone but he was mate, he was absolutely awful for almost half a season.

Lampard had us compete with City last time out who imo are the best team in the world, the worst teams in the league don’t do that unless they sit back all game and get lucky.

If you think we’re one of the worst teams your effectively saying Benitez didn’t deserve to be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.