2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richy.jpg

Current homepage of the official site.

Are they trying to wind us up?

There's no way on gods earth that Richarlison's value at Watford is the same or comparable as it should be now.

What's your point? His cost was inflated because he was 21 but he's now 25?

On your first point I agree.

My point I suppose is that players who are 21 with the same profile, hold a much higher value than those at 25. Richarlison has improved a lot since then.

We probably overpaid a bit for him from Watford, and it's the risk of signing players at that age.

At that price, compared to other teams’ recent sales of similar levels of players, this stinks of an absolute desperation sale. Worrying times.

Shades of “I wouldn’t sell Wayne for £50 million!”. Only to see Kenwright sell him a few days later for £30 million to save us going into administration.

The sooner this board are shot out of a cannon the better. An absolute bunch of clowns.

That isn't correct. Failed players inflate the market even more.

Selling clubs will point to high fees for failed players and say "Our player is better than him and look at the fee he went for".

The likes of Grealish and Pepe will have been cited by us and Spurs will have cited successful players like Diaz and Torres who went for less.

I think the Mane fee for Bayern too will have been discussed, as he has only 1 year left, Richarlison having two.

Utter rubbish, your are now guessing whats being said in transfer negotiations ffs - Thats what kids on twitter do " My player is better than your player so should cost more".

Thats just crap, players have book values, and values based on what they have cost the club in terms of wages, output to our club = "value".
Not now and not EVER has a players value been based on previous failed transfers at othe rclubs, with zero connection to that deal...that is quite simply madness!!!

His strengths are his workrate and how that benefits the team. He can score around 10 a season in a poor team like ours, so I'd expect 15+ for Spurs. His weaknesses include poor finishing and his theatrics. That's one thing I will be glad to see the back of.

As for your other comment, I agree entirely about where you are currently. A few levels above Everton and our fans need to accept that.

That being said, I suspect the lack of respect you receive from our support and also other clubs fans is because you will never be taken seriously as a top club whilst you have a laughable league title haul to your name. It must be the worst, or at least one of, for all the so called super clubs in Europe. And it's not just that, it's how long ago you did it. How many on here will have known Everton as the top club in the land compared with Spurs?

You haven't won a league title for over 60 years and until you change that you will never get the respect your fans crave, not just from Evertonians, but many other fanbases.

No offence, but nobody gives a [Poor language removed] about Everton being good in the 80s. Certainly not players like Richarlison. We might not have the respect of a “super club” but you could only dream of being where we are right now. Rubbish clubs don’t make champions league finals, irrelevant of wether we won it or not. When was the last time you were even in Europe let alone CL. I don’t think any Everton fan should be talking ill of my club with the utter mess your in. Peace out.

Utter rubbish, your are now guessing whats being said in transfer negotiations ffs - Thats what kids on twitter do " My player is better than your player so should cost more".

Thats just crap, players have book values, and values based on what they have cost the club in terms of wages, output to our club = "value".
Not now and not EVER has a players value been based on previous failed transfers at othe rclubs, with zero connection to that deal...that is quite simply madness!!!

So you do not believe that other transfer fees influence each other? That is surprising, I have to say I disagree.

If not other transfer fees, how do clubs calculate and negotiate what a fair value is for a player?

His strengths are his workrate and how that benefits the team. He can score around 10 a season in a poor team like ours, so I'd expect 15+ for Spurs. His weaknesses include poor finishing and his theatrics. That's one thing I will be glad to see the back of.

As for your other comment, I agree entirely about where you are currently. A few levels above Everton and our fans need to accept that.

That being said, I suspect the lack of respect you receive from our support and also other clubs fans is because you will never be taken seriously as a top club whilst you have a laughable league title haul to your name. It must be the worst, or at least one of, for all the so called super clubs in Europe. And it's not just that, it's how long ago you did it. How many on here will have known Everton as the top club in the land compared with Spurs?

You haven't won a league title for over 60 years and until you change that you will never get the respect your fans crave, not just from Evertonians, but many other fanbases.

Little old Tottenham have still won more European trophies than every other English team apart from Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea.

At the time I did feel that.

Was proven wrong.

To make such a measly profit, if any, is pretty poor.

But needs must, Everton made themselves vulnerable.

Richarlison wouldn't have rocked the boat for Spurs, in a World Cup year.

If we weren't so inept, we may have had a chance in keeping him if no elite/top clubs come in.

The sooner we get a team in place who can buy well, it'll help us to also sell well.
We’ve been terrible sellers for years. Hold on to players for too long or players that don’t want to be here. Lukaku and Gueye maybe the only players I can think of that we sold relatively cleanly and for good value. Never replaced them properly mind you.
Other big sales have been a drawn out mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.