2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little old Tottenham have still won more European trophies than every other English team apart from Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea.

It would be wrong to label Tottenham "little". You are clearly one of the biggest clubs in the country, have a good history of success in the cups and in the last 10+ years, have established yourselves as one of the 6 biggest clubs in the current era. I won't argue with that.

But the European trophies you mention are still second rate trophies and not the main prize. The success that sets clubs apart is winning league titles and European Cups/CL. Look at all the credible top clubs around Europe. None of them have just 2 league titles to their name, and especially not 2 titles both over 60 years ago. It's a stain on your club that you will just never shake off until you win a title or CL, despite your fans trying your best to divert conversations about how successful you are and impressive it is that you've won a load of cups. A cup can be won by anyone. Teams that get relegated can win cups - look at Wigan.

Club need to come out and explain exactly why Richarlison was sold so cheap and exactly how this bails us out of our financial black hole and how this stops it happening again.
The communication with the supporters is about the same level as when Kenwright decided to not have an AGM for~5 years because he didn't like answering questions.

Little old Tottenham have still won more European trophies than every other English team apart from Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea.

I’d say around 10 years ago that Spurs, Villa and Everton were all on a similar level, but Spurs have moved dramatically in the opposite direction to the other 2 since.

I think that still hurts a few of our fans who are in a bit of denial about it.

Gonna be honest, not that arsed really. Yeah he’s our best player but let’s be honest that’s not difficult is it.
He’s been a good player and I will remember him well but he’s not a top 6 player and he doesn’t start for that spurs ahead of son or Perisic.
When the team is built around him like here, you can hide his one dimensional selfish play, Conte won’t stand for that though and it’s going to be interesting to see how he gets on down there.
Good luck to him and let’s hope because this is done early in the window, Lampard gets the funds to sign players in the next few weeks.

The sad reality is that current players look at current form and current qualifications. I highly doubt for example Haaland considered how bad city were when his dad was there when he signed.

Hopefully we replace him correctly.
This is exactly my point. He is joining the league champions and on about £400,000 a week if reports are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.