2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm assuming this is including penalties which makes it weird but even then the problem you run into is he's a winger whose contributions resemble a striker. So then when you also have a striker you have two guys doing one job. It takes special players other places to fix that.

Yet, people were happy he was leaving and we still haven’t replaced him.
Yes but surely the guy who has scored 8 shouldn't be getting compared to that.

Also Rom leaving could have been the start of establishing something, think Bale with Spurs, but we mucked it up. The people who said the money might be more useful weren't wrong all the way.

I don't think he's overrated but I do think he would play better for a team who created more for him. Let's be honest we dont make many chances so he's feeding on scraps most of the time.
Basically the argument for why he’s more effective with Brazil. Hard to dispute this tbh. However, he’s still not top top level when compared to the true world class players. He’s a squad player for the likes of PSG, Real, etc…

its not that interesting

when you remove sigurdsson and rodriguez from the squad there is no creativity to slip balls through to him to score from as a striker, he gets involved more running in from the wings or running onto balls from the wings

all we do now is hoof it up to him and he tries to compete with these 7ft defenders and gets fouled

he needs to play off a big unit unless we have creative midfielders which we don't
This. Last few seasons he has been scoring into the teens. The issue is supply is horrendous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.