2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scores the chances vs Leicester, leaves the volley for Gordon at Burnley instead of trying the over head kick, we’d have two more wins.

He’s committed and gives his all but I think he maybe feels he has to do it all which takes chances away from other players who may be better positioned.

And he’s technically very very poor.

Commitment isn't in question, but hes just not been good enough this year. He says he's a centre forward but he offers no threat from that position and his finishing has been poor all year.

There's still time for him to save us but its now or never. He's going to have to get 4 or 5 goals himself.

Apparently hes posted on instagram a promise to get us out of this.
Only if there’s been a sudden rule change awarding goals to attackers for time spent rolling around on the pitch and simulating injury. If the moron had concentrated on playing football, and made an effort to link up with Gordon in the spells when the latter was flying, Everton might have got a goal or two and come away with at least a point. Instead he engaged in his usual playing the hard man, trying to upset opposition players like van Dijk (who just laughed at him), committing sneaky fouls—one of which (on Henderson) should have been a straight red—and going to ground at the slightest contact.

He is an absolutely awful footballer and his underperformance this season has been a big reason why Everton is on the verge of relegation. He also seems to be a character whom his peers don’t like. After the two recent Liverpool vs Man City games, it was interesting to see the friendly post-match interaction between Brazilians like Jesus, Ederson, Fernandinho, Fabinho, Alisson and Firminho. These guys will give no quarter on the pitch but, off it, they clearly respect and like one another. By contrast it’s clear that Liverpool’s Brazilians have no time for Richarlison. My guess is that the reason for the minimal interaction is that he’s a head case.

Quite apart from his limited technique and consequent consistent inability to do the basics, or understand what his team needs from him—on a couple of occasions yesterday he was killing EVERTON momentum with his injury feigning—there’s something not quite right about him character wise.

And I reckon this will be reflected in the transfer fee when he is sold at season’s end. My guess is that the fee will be c. £35m-£40m if Everton stay up and c. £30-£35m if the club is relegated. The average of £35m would mean, given the effects of inflation, that his value has approximately HALVED during his time at the club. Which seems about right, given his showings and goal/assist returns over the past couple of seasons.

Only if there’s been a sudden rule change awarding goals to attackers for time spent rolling around on the pitch and simulating injury. If the moron had concentrated on playing football, and made an effort to link up with Gordon in the spells when the latter was flying, Everton might have got a goal or two and come away with at least a point. Instead he engaged in his usual playing the hard man, trying to upset opposition players like van Dijk (who just laughed at him), committing sneaky fouls—one of which (on Henderson) should have been a straight red—and going to ground at the slightest contact.

He is an absolutely awful footballer and his underperformance this season has been a big reason why Everton is on the verge of relegation. He also seems to be a character whom his peers don’t like. After the two recent Liverpool vs Man City games, it was interesting to see the friendly post-match interaction between Brazilians like Jesus, Ederson, Fernandinho, Fabinho, Alisson and Firminho. These guys will give no quarter on the pitch but, off it, they clearly respect and like one another. By contrast it’s clear that Liverpool’s Brazilians have no time for Richarlison. My guess is that the reason for the minimal interaction is that he’s a head case.

Quite apart from his limited technique and consequent consistent inability to do the basics, or understand what his team needs from him—on a couple of occasions yesterday he was killing EVERTON momentum with his injury feigning—there’s something not quite right about him character wise.

And I reckon this will be reflected in the transfer fee when he is sold at season’s end. My guess is that the fee will be c. £35m-£40m if Everton stay up and c. £30-£35m if the club is relegated. The average of £35m would mean, given the effects of inflation, that his value has approximately HALVED during his time at the club. Which seems about right, given his showings and goal/assist returns over the past couple of seasons.

What a load of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.