2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so nice to see a team that's gone through a rough patch and comes out the other end.

Morale back where it should be.

….bit early to say we’ve come out the other end. I sincerely hope so. First interview I’ve seen with Richarlison, he’s probably more cheerful than folk think. He always seems a happy guy in training clips.

He’s a top player.

You can always tell when Richarlison is engaged in a game or not. When he is, he is world class, unfortunately I feel like he is too fast to shut it down when he doesn't feel like he is getting the service he needs or calls on the pitch are going against him. It's a shame, b/c he should be our best player by heads and shoulders, but has way to many matches like Tottenham and not enough like yesterday.

You can always tell when Richarlison is engaged in a game or not. When he is, he is world class, unfortunately I feel like he is too fast to shut it down when he doesn't feel like he is getting the service he needs or calls on the pitch are going against him. It's a shame, b/c he should be our best player by heads and shoulders, but has way to many matches like Tottenham and not enough like yesterday.

….he was up against a Brazilian yesterday, I’m sure that’s an incentive.

Yes. I think he may have regressed last season for whatever reasons... But this season, he is slightly better as he scored some crucial goals but still easily frustrated.

He was hunting for the ball at Arsenal's back line, getting into good positions, getting closer to Gray/Doucs, etc..... and I think pressing high suits his relentless style. Just working hard to find opportunities and getting into dangerous position, rather than waiting for chances created by the midfield/wingers. Not sure if he enjoys pressing so much, but I think it suits him better.

Yes. I think he may have regressed last season for whatever reasons... But this season, he is slightly better as he scored some crucial goals but still easily frustrated.

He was hunting for the ball at Arsenal's back line, getting into good positions, getting closer to Gray/Doucs, etc..... and I think pressing high suits his relentless style. Just working hard to find opportunities and getting into dangerous position, rather than waiting for chances created by the midfield/wingers. Not sure if he enjoys pressing so much, but I think it suits him better.
No crowds surely...He feeds off that energy as much as any player I've seen

Nah, sell. We need the money more and we have one year or maybe two to get it before teams are going to decide he's average and too old to develop. That is if they haven't already.

Think about it, we could probably get 25m to 30m and with good recruitment (yes I know massive if) we could improve him with someone with room to grow for half or less. Gray is already showing to be a better winger at 1.7m. We need to build the squad out and we need to make financial decisions to do that.
….like a current Brazilian forward player who was only 24 and signed on for less weekly salary than an Iceland international? wouldnt that be good business already?

Status
Not open for further replies.