2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we solve this given our current set up?

4312?

But then we'd have no width
You would need two good attacking full backs who can deliver quality crosses
When they attack one of the midfield 3 (the deep lying one has to cover for the attacking FB
Davies plays that role for now but I do not think he has enough defensive awareness and ability to effectively cover the FBs when they attack
Prime example is allowing Son to get his cross in for Kane's goal
He tried to show Son inside and when Son went outside Davies body shape was all wrong to block the cross
Hopefully he will learn from it
TLDR
We need a RB as good as Digne and DM who can effectively cover

if you look at the way liverpool utilise mane on the left side of their attack, mane gets alot of freedom to come inside because robertson always plays upfield and drags the defender or midfielder towards him normally creating a bit of space for mane to pick up the pass and then run at the defence. He is also supported by a deep lying striker who likes to put through balls to either salah or mane in tight spaces and play quick one two's.

we've seen over the past few weeks that richarlison has struggled at times to take on his player once he has the ball on the left wing. That's either because he doesnt have the outlet of digne yet because we are playing on the counter or he gets tackled very easily, or he tries too much and falls over the ball.

against spurs we saw a very energetic tom davies getting up field to help support the attackers.

if you look at richarlisons first goal against spurs, digne picks it up on the left and passes it to DCL who is playing where richarlison should be. Richarlison has drifted into a central striker position. DCL plays a quick pass to richarlison and richarlison creates the space to shoot and scores.

Now if you watch his goal v Leicester in our 2-0 win, Richarlison picks up the ball on the left wing, he takes on Justin, creates the space and shoots and scores. Yes the keeper should have done better but he still scored.

This shows Richarlison can do both jobs. The question is where is he the most effective?

Without doubt its playing in a more central role. In this role he can play off the defender and run behind to cause havoc. He struggles to get in behind defences when he is on the wing, as he normally comes deep and has to wait for digne or play the simple pass because if he tries to take on the defender he either gets tackled or falls over the ball trying to do something creative.

Right be honest here
Anyone who had to google the bit in bold give this post a like
I know I did

I had to Google it too when I got home, just to make sure she wasn't bs'ing. Luckily for her we need her right now (only joking) and I'm experienced enough to know she's just bad at flirting.

Screenshot_20210214-110923.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.