2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not always a popular formation for Everton fans but imo an awful lot of our players suit a 3-5-2. Maybe you'd want someone with better ability on the ball than Coleman at RWB, but we have the centre backs, the left wing back, industrious midfielders, James as the 10 (Gylfi his back up/ or for man marking jobs) and Richarlison & DCL up top.

On paper it feels like it should work - and it might be a way if given balance to attack and defence - but we don't often do that system justice, so I can understand the hesitancy.
Keane and Mina as 2 conventioal CBS
Gdfrey as sweeper
Godfrey has the pace but not the experience yet to play that role
Carlo will have to find a system that can play Ricarlison and DCL as a two up top
Its where both are more effective
Needs really good attacking FB's who can defend also plus hard working tackling midfielders

Harsh. The ball was a bit behind his stride and he was being closed down quickly.

I get where you're coming from though. Different style of player. We either have to learn to rotate them as the sole striker depending on the opponent or change our formation. I personally prefer the first option, with us signing a true wide forward, but I'd imagine richarlison wants to be our main man up top and wouldn't like spells out behind DCL.
They both offer something different but Ricarlison is by far the better finisher
Inside the box, outside the box, headers ,one touch finishes the lot
DCL offers a lot of physicality ,pace and heading ability plus instinctive finishing but one on one finishing still needs a lot of work
As a 2 they can be unplayable, but the 8 behind them have to be be of a certain standard with well defined roles
if you allow for the fact that James does not offer much defensively than the other 7 have to be solid in workrate and defensive abilities

By being picked for their national team a players value automatically increases and the club benefits

No benefit is realized unless you sell the player. It's very hard to see how Barca got anything out of national team selections for long-term players such as Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pique and Busquets, unless you count them not eye-gouging Madrid players on the pitch as value.

The diamond formation should stay - suits Richy perfectly.

Very glad to see it. I like what Richarlison has been doing defensively, but I've been arguing for a 4-3-1-2 diamond to get Richarlison and Rodriguez located more centrally for a while now. Hopefully, we'll be less turgid with Rodriguez at the ten.

Now if only we could get a proper RB in to help bypass the midfield on the counter and rifle it up to the front three, I think we'd be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.