2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh. The ball was a bit behind his stride and he was being closed down quickly.

Not saying anything negative - I just think it's interesting that DCL went for a Big Dunc far corner hammerblow where Richarlison's instinct appears to have been to chip Alisson.

Exemplifies what different players they are - which is a good thing, as you'd prefer to have Plan A and Plan B on the pitch rather than have to summon Plan B from the bench.

I think Richarlison as the sole striker tends to be hit and miss. Sometimes like against Liverpool he was fantastic other times like against Fulham he struggles hard. Whether that's down to the support he gets I don't know but he does seem to massively prefer to run in behind rather than hold the ball up which I think DCL does a lot better while still offering that threat in behind.

I think Richarlison as the sole striker tends to be hit and miss. Sometimes like against Liverpool he was fantastic other times like against Fulham he struggles hard. Whether that's down to the support he gets I don't know but he does seem to massively prefer to run in behind rather than hold the ball up which I think DCL does a lot better while still offering that threat in behind.

Without a doubt, DCL has become the better holdup player.

Richarlison is more dangerous on the counter. You're not going to see DCL controlling a bomb from Digne and rifling it in on the second touch any time soon.

When the opposition sits back and denies us the counter, Richarlison tends to labor as a sole striker.

sometimes he makes his runs very early, if he is picked out, he is through behind the defence, if he isn't he has ran offside has to come back and try again which slows up the play as the ball has to be recirculated around until he is free. Thats also why he looks pissed off half the time, he is doing his bit.

sometimes he makes his runs very early, if he is picked out, he is through behind the defence, if he isn't he has ran offside has to come back and try again which slows up the play as the ball has to be recirculated around until he is free. Thats also why he looks pissed off half the time, he is doing his bit.
Good spot.. he was struggling with offsides a lot and scored some belters but then flagged.. felt at the time it lead to a lot of his frustrations too

The only way is 442 diamond formation IF you want to play Rodriguez as well but we don't have a good enough DM to do it currently.

Ive got a feeling we might see the 3412 out again. It suits us when Mina is injured as it allows Holgate and Godfrey to play either side of Keane. It gets Digne and Iwobi into the team at wingbacks. It puts James behind the front two. It should work but we need Docuoure and Allan fit to play it because when we have Siggurdson Davies James as the midfield trio that’s not beating anyone.

Reactions: JMT

100%. Played a few times under silva and he clearly didnt like it. Even the liverpool goal he was on the shoulder and slipped in. Games at home where we should be on the front foot and most sides, bar your man citys, wont leave that much space we need a central striker in the calvert lewin mold.
Though this season at home we havent been on that front foot.

CDC99002-0D2D-4F5F-B4EB-0BAA386AB23A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.