2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
FB_IMG_1613907861893.jpg

Great to have you back you sulky, moody Pigeon.

It is the sweetest of irony's that after more scrutiny than Blojo's handling of the Covid, that Richarlison scored and Pickford played his best game for the club.

Sit on it media.
His form since the sending off in the last derby has been patchy at best. I think he may have exorcised some demons last night. If we have got the real Richie back now, he and Dom are going to terrorise some defences between now and the end of the season.

I wouldn’t mind going back to this, or retrying the 3412 with Digne and Iwobi as wingbacks if we had Allan and Docuoure in midfield.

My theory was always we could start being more creative by keeping James, DCL fit and getting Richarlinson into form. Even if we did nothing else, you have 3 layers who compliment each other.

If you do that, alongside havign a settled strong/balanced defence (so either the 4 cbs or hopefully that back 3 gain an understanding) do what you want with the rest. You really need to overcomplicate it.

I actually think Richarlinson can get better still. There were 2 or 3 good opportunities today where he didn't shoot (particularly that one on his right). It would be great if he had a little scoring flourish though, ideally 10 before the end of the season.

His form since the sending off in the last derby has been patchy at best. I think he may have exorcised some demons last night. If we have got the real Richie back now, he and Dom are going to terrorise some defences between now and the end of the season.

I always thought he'd worked hard, but he looked really out of confidence. It's coming back now and you can see it's helping his all round game.

Strikers do tend to be streaky. So the hope will be he goes on another nice little run.

I thought yesterday was his best performance of the season too. We are used to DCL being a collosus in hold up play, but Richarlinson's was good last night, he carries the ball better and his movement is a bit better. Both have their strengths.

I wouldn’t mind going back to this, or retrying the 3412 with Digne and Iwobi as wingbacks if we had Allan and Docuoure in midfield.
Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Allan Digne
James
DCL Richarlison
I’d rotate the defenders Mina could start anyway. Likewise Davies could start and rest either Allan or Doucoure. Keeps all 3 fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.