2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna be honest, its unlikely we are getting 100m+ for him.

o_Oo_Oo_O

Hes still very much an outstanding talent, but hes gone AWOL for 95% of the season so far.
I don't think he's gone AWOL, he's trying really hard, maybe too hard. He's out of form, I don't for a second think that is because of a lack of effort.

He’s just lacking the goals. He’s never been the silkiest, most creative etc, he’s just been effective. This season he’s doing all the same things but not getting the goals.

It's not just goals in my eyes. He seems to have lost the ability to make the right decisions. How often does he just randomly run into opponents?

He's playing based on what he can do rather than what he is doing. He hasn't turned into a bad player overnight, but he's got to play himself into form sooner rather than later, because - and I feel silly even saying this - it feels almost like he's trying to lower his importance/transfer fee and has been tapped up.

You can only judge a player on performances. On that criteria, he's having a sub-Pickford season. I realise he cost a lot of money - so did Jordan. The club needs both to perform. Right now, the harsh truth is that Richarlison is - like Pickord - not worth his place in a side with European pretensions. Like Pickford, he'll probably be a mainstay in the team simply because we have so few alternative options to playing them.

The work rate is there but his form has fallen off a cliff.

His shooting has been off all season, last season he was the only player I had any faith in Infront of goal.

If his, DCL form pick up and King hits the ground running we could really do something this season. As is we feel a bit lightweight up top, which seems odd to type as we've just scored 3 away from home against the second placed side in the league.

he does the same thing EVERY TIME, Defenders read him like a book now.
This is a worry, Neville was going on about his runs and not getting thr pass but when he does most of the time the best he does is win a free kick and have a roll around.

I will say this about any player in the side not performing right now: this pandemic has hidden impacts on people's mental health and sense of wellbeing. Being a foreigner during a lockdown can have a very negative impact on people. Who knows what's going on here, but we are living in very strange times.

I actually feel for this lad.

He is trying so hard but ge is getting worse and worse

At first it was a matter of forcing things and playing out of control

Now the lad clearly lacks confidence in every aspect of his game. He can't read when to make runs when the playmakers have the ball, he can't beat his man, not passing well, can't shoot. Just looks rusty out there. He sulks he gets frustrated even looks unfit.

This is a worrisome thing. I usually get upset with players but I actually feel bad for him because he is too good for this and he actually cares.

I haven't got a clue how to help him but he is hurting us and hurting himself out there

Trying hard to do it all himself, but is useless atm.

Needs a week back in Espirito Santo to get his head right.

I actually feel for this lad.

He is trying so hard but ge is getting worse and worse

At first it was a matter of forcing things and playing out of control

Now the lad clearly lacks confidence in every aspect of his game. He can't read when to make runs when the playmakers have the ball, he can't beat his man, not passing well, can't shoot. Just looks rusty out there. He sulks he gets frustrated even looks unfit.

This is a worrisome thing. I usually get upset with players but I actually feel bad for him because he is too good for this and he actually cares.

I haven't got a clue how to help him but he is hurting us and hurting himself out there
Dont think he is hurting us at all. He still does a hell of a lot of work for the team tracking back and filling holes. It's just confidence and we have to stick with him until he gets through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.