2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be off at the end of the season anyway if we don’t get CL. Everyone knows the deal. He’s never loved the club, he just handled his PR slightly better than Lukaku did. Why should these players love the club anyway? They come from all over the world to wherever is offering the best deal. The odd few like Cahill and Howard might give you everything and love the club forever but a large number are just biding time in their careers, they don’t love any club as most love themselves and their bank balances more than anything.

I’ve no problem with it, if he does ok this season we’ll be selling for close to 100 mill based on his age, being a Brazilian international and his utility across the front three. We then need to find the next one.

Who is going to sign him ? Is he honestly good enough for a top champions league team ? 100 million ? Id be doing cartwheels of joy if we get that much.
The club have said they want over £100 million for him. If nobody comes up with that sort of money he won’t be going. The only club I thought might be a realistic option for him was Barca but I can’t see them being in a financial position to buy him at present.

If he hits top form and bangs in 20 goals plus this season and we have a good campaign then I wouldn’t begrudge him a move - as long as it was abroad!

Who is going to sign him ? Is he honestly good enough for a top champions league team ? 100 million ? Id be doing cartwheels of joy if we get that much.

Whether anyone can afford that fee is a good question but I could see any club taking him. Barcelona have Braithwaite getting games for them, he’d walk into that front line. Same at Madrid, they’ve messed around with Vasquez Rodrygo Asensio to go with Benzema and Hazard (who is never fit), he’d get in there. He’d get in at City anywhere across that front three. Chupo Moting was getting games for PSG last season and Moise Kean is now, he’d get ahead of any of them at Bayern or PSG. Either Milan club would have him in their 11.

The club have said they want over £100 million for him. If nobody comes up with that sort of money he won’t be going. The only club I thought might be a realistic option for him was Barca but I can’t see them being in a financial position to buy him at present.

If he hits top form and bangs in 20 goals plus this season and we have a good campaign then I wouldn’t begrudge him a move - as long as it was abroad!

This will be an interesting one in regards to his reaction if we say no.

I'm not sure what we expect, or what we want half the time, and it makes me think like we don't deserve anything!!

are we seriously expecting 11 players who will die for Everton? We just want committed, professional hard working players who give their best while they are here. Not all of them are going to get tattoos, and name their sons Dixie and Howard. They're not gonna buy a property in Walton and build a free school or come back as season ticket holders?!
The standards we can follow for quality are obviously the great 1984-87 team. THe standard for modern Premier League realism is the Moyes team which had Cahill, Arteta, Howard and that back 4. Top quality players who were not the best, not that consistent, but gave their all and as a unit did really really well.

So with Richarlison, if you have a young, inexperienced player who is NOT NEYMAR, MBAPPE or RONALDO?!!!...then what more do you want? Even Man City & LFC lose players to Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid, so we obviously have to have a 5 year period, until we are a regular CL team, in which we buy young, buy cheap, sell high and develop a new team every 2-3 years. Obviously that's why Brands is here, we should be following a RB Leipzig, Ajax, Dortmund style model, but we don't seem to be, but until then, I'm quite happy with Richarlison!! Obviously he wants to play for someone better and bigger than us, and maybe he's not Ballon D'or, but he's going to be that next Elite level! So our aim should always be, when we get Lukaku, Richarlison type players is to keep getting EL and CL football each year, and then one year it will click and we'll retain the players for a bit longer.

Ancelotti is a short-term / long-term hybrid solution, which is why we are buying Godfrey, Brandthwaite, Niels + James, Allan and Doucoure...I think we're gonna be fine!! My only complaint is that Brands does not communicate his aims or plan to us enough.

EDIT, started defending Richarlison, moved to club policy and maybe this is better under the Brands thread.

I do not require the players to love the club, but I do require them to be professional and loyal to the club. This means that you always do your best, always try to develop yourself, and do not put the club in a bad light. Richarlison's statement, if true, puts the club in a bad light.

I do not fear that the players have ambitions, or will be sold to big clubs. Real Madrig, Barcelona, etc., will always (at least in the near future) be more attractive clubs for the best players, but to get there you have to perform at the highest level, and the club will therefore receive a high compensation. Richarlison has not impressed anyone this season, and before you start talking about the best clubs in the world, you should be dominant on your club team.

Of course, there are some exceptions, such as the players mentioned here, but this is often due to external factors. To put it in perspective, do you think Real Madrid and Barcelona are saving up money to buy Haaland or Richarlison? Between Haaland and Richarlison, there are a bunch of players who are currently better than Richarlison. Richarlison must start producing, and show that he is a world class player, if he is to dream of any significantly bigger clubs.

I'm not saying he is not a very good player, but to be at the absolute top level, what he produces is not good enough. Paying astronomical sums for an offensive player who is good at working defensively, has a high work effort, is athletically fit and who is an ok duel player within the box, would not sell many tickets at nou camp.

Whether anyone can afford that fee is a good question but I could see any club taking him. Barcelona have Braithwaite getting games for them, he’d walk into that front line. Same at Madrid, they’ve messed around with Vasquez Rodrygo Asensio to go with Benzema and Hazard (who is never fit), he’d get in there. He’d get in at City anywhere across that front three. Chupo Moting was getting games for PSG last season and Moise Kean is now, he’d get ahead of any of them at Bayern or PSG. Either Milan club would have him in their 11.
The two go hand in hand though don't they. It's like saying James Ward-Prowse is good enough to play for us. He is, but if we had £50m to spend on a midfielder you would think we'd spend on someone better than him. Barcelona would rather have Richarlison than Braithwaite, yes. But that isn't really the key question. The key question is whether they would rather have him than anyone else they could buy for £50m+. I'm a big fan of Richarlison, I think he's absolutely key to everything we do and I don't really agree that he hasn't been good this season (although he obviously hasn't scored enough) but I'm not sure he's right out of the top drawer to be honest. He's more than good enough to be playing in the CL etc don't get me wrong, i'm just not sure I can see a bidding war for him where we get an enormous fee.

Personally, I think we need to be ready to wave bye to him. £100m is us setting the bar high, so that when it eventually drops down, we're not getting fleeced. We're not going to come out and say £50m.

Stats are a funny thing too, whilst his goals and assists may not light up the league, he does a lot within games that prove his worth. Surround him with players who are winners and actually care and he'll be a monster. He's 23, talented and most importantly, lives for football.

I'll be absolutely gutted when he leaves.

Richarlison is perfect for a stacked team.

He offers the work rate of lower talented players like Lucas Vazquez while having talent and technique comparable to the rest of the stacked team.

Imagine him playing right wing for Madrid when Bale fell out of favor or playing for Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.