2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make any sense
It does make sense.

If you play Richarlison at LW and force him to move wide to link up with Digne, Richarlison is ineffective.

If you play Richarlison LW and have him stay narrow, Digne has no one to link with and is ineffective.

The reason Bernard is useful (finally an assist today) is that he can bring Digne into the attack which was more than anybody else gave us down the left. It isn't good enough long term but Digne needs that to be involved. At the same time Richarlison was freed up out on the right to stay narrower and not worry about link up play.

So for me if you play Richarlison LW you have to decide which player you want to be the one who contributes.

It does make sense.

If you play Richarlison at LW and force him to move wide to link up with Digne, Richarlison is ineffective.

If you play Richarlison LW and have him stay narrow, Digne has no one to link with and is ineffective.

The reason Bernard is useful (finally an assist today) is that he can bring Digne into the attack which was more than anybody else gave us down the left. It isn't good enough long term but Digne needs that to be involved. At the same time Richarlison was freed up out on the right to stay narrower and not worry about link up play.

So for me if you play Richarlison LW you have to decide which player you want to be the one who contributes.
the full back can still attack in a 433

Made my mind up that he´s the only player in this squad I actually like. For a long time I´ve accused him of being wasteful in possession, this is still true but benefit of the doubt because of the clowns he has around him. If I were him, I´d be looking for a summer move. Wasting his career with us.

Too good for us atm.. his touch and link up play can be awful at times, and he rolls around like a fairy, but he never stops fighting, wins most of the corners defensively for us and has a real knack in front of goal. Head and shoulders above rest of squad just now

Correct I can see the fire in his eyes as he is jumping in the air, landing on the floor and rolling around when it would have been a better option to stay on his feet and continue the counter attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.