2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad has run his heart out last few games. I could not give a crap if he is a bit theatrical. Arteta won many a free kick for the same thing yet he never got the stick this lad is getting. We should be lucky we have players like this lad and rather than slate him we should be praising his good work which seems to be getting unnoticed by a lot of people.

“A bit theatrical “ that’s understating it a bit isn’t it? He’s on the deck every time he doesn’t manage to get the ball. Arteta did win many free kicks you’re right ... he didn’t get the same stick you’re right.... difference is , he actually won free kicks. Richarlison sits there rolling on the floor holding his head when he has been shoulder to shoulder with someone, refs notice this and he has a reputation, a justified one, for being a diver and it’s resulting in him not getting decisions where he’s actually fouled.

“A bit theatrical “ that’s understating it a bit isn’t it? He’s on the deck every time he doesn’t manage to get the ball. Arteta did win many free kicks you’re right ... he didn’t get the same stick you’re right.... difference is , he actually won free kicks. Richarlison sits there rolling on the floor holding his head when he has been shoulder to shoulder with someone, refs notice this and he has a reputation, a justified one, for being a diver and it’s resulting in him not getting decisions where he’s actually fouled.

Love him but he hurts himself by falling down so easy. If he stays up just a few more times, maybe he gets the benefit of more of the legitimate fouls being whistled. It’s a balance that has unfortunately skewed too far to the diving side.

If he was playing for Liverpool we'd all be slating him on a weekly basis due to his theatrics and blatant attempts to deceive and cheat. It's embarrassing and we don't want players like that on our books. That showing, at least in terms of how often he was throwing himself on the floor, against Spurs was about as humiliating for the club as I have seen in many a year. We don't even have a manager with enough balls to get him and have a word with him and get him to cut it out.

Does he even dive dive? Can’t remember seeing him going over with no contact

It's the way he does it. I just get fed up of the theatrics. Pienaar and Arteta were brilliant at buying cheap free kicks in dangerous areas, Richarlison should learn a thing or two from them.

I absolutely despise the fact that our own fans are so obsessed with slating him for going down.

He gets fouled.
This made my day
Backing into a player and dropping to the floor does not constitute a foul. Doing it 10 times a game, even less so. Doing it then holding your face for a few minutes certainly doesn’t either.

Last edited:
He is not getting free kicks because we have the worst set of referees the premier league has seen. And if someone like moyes was in charge then these referees would be getting an earful. But we have Marco “don’t upset the FA” silva.

He does go over easy, I wouldn’t say diving he just want to try and break up play and win free kicks, but like I said he goes over to easy so he fails in what he’s trying to achieve. If he learns to stay on his feet more he will be a better player. He is though the nearest thing we have to a good striker (and he’s isn’t one) says a lot about our team.

Him going down easy is abit annoying sometimes but I love that it winds the opposition players and fans up and they start booing him all the time

I don’t like players who go down easy making out they’re hurt when they aren’t. You can’t blame the refs for not liking it either and it isn’t surprising that it goes against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.