2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva won’t tell him to stop there father and son. Its the way he goes down is the problem to much like getting shot. best example is Davies he get free kicks often even when they aren’t because he goes down more natural. It’s what I like about Davies will always get your free kicks even tho we waste most of them. Richarlison needs to be smart and go down when proper contact not just every time he gets slight touch. When he stays up you can’t get him of the ball he is so strong and just persistent. This is the Richarlison we all want to see Moreno often.
Well Dougie, Silva should do a fathers job and tell soft lad to start behaving like a man, he has turned twenty one by the way. To be honest Richarlison is just as often poor as he is good, he never seems to be aware of where his team mates are when he has the ball, too often uses the wrong option when making a pass. Yes he scores an outstanding goal now and again and can’t really complain about his work rate but he has as many flaws as good points. To say he frustrates is an under statement.

But when players are increasingly in the practice of trying to buy calls from the referee, it becomes much more difficult for them to "judge each incident on its merits". When you constantly are being tricked into thinking something is a foul and getting lambasted for it, you then begin to have a "book" on players that are repeat offenders.

All of this will change once Richy stops the theatrics, end of. Then he'll start to the get the benefit of the doubt on calls. Even many of our own supporters aren't really sure what to make of many of the times he's rolling on the floor. I'm sure some of them are legitimate. But some are not, and may look exactly the same to the Ref

I agree with most of that and none of it really contradicts anything I said.

But there is a weird singling out of Richarlison, which seems to be OTT.

For example, we’ve just sat through 2 days of excessive sympathy for Son, with zero discussion of that awful dive he did early in the second half to try to win a penalty.

Well Dougie, Silva should do a fathers job and tell soft lad to start behaving like a man, he has turned twenty one by the way. To be honest Richarlison is just as often poor as he is good, he never seems to be aware of where his team mates are when he has the ball, too often uses the wrong option when making a pass. Yes he scores an outstanding goal now and again and can’t really complain about his work rate but he has as many flaws as good points. To say he frustrates is an under statement.
Yeah he ain’t no kid still young in football terms. He has a lot to improve his passing and decision making are key ones. And of course he frustrates but that’s the Everton we all know haha. I don’t think he will change his antics I will support him all the way no matter what when you play for us. I do think he can become a top top player well I hope.

Not good with stats so can somebody tell me how many times this lad has been booked for diving this season. It surely must have happened for both ”penalty” incidents in the last 2 games at least.

He's not very good at it though that's the problem.
I agree that he's not good at it but as I said earlier I can't recall seeing him actually 'dive', he does make every challenge appear to be possibly a career ending injury which does him no favours, now if he was wearing red then I'm sure it wouldn't even be considered an issue.

Yeah he ain’t no kid still young in football terms. He has a lot to improve his passing and decision making are key ones. And of course he frustrates but that’s the Everton we all know haha. I don’t think he will change his antics I will support him all the way no matter what when you play for us. I do think he can become a top top player well I hope.
I won’t the same as you for Richarlison but don’t have the same faith as you that he will. It would definitely be a start if he cut the nonsense out.

I agree with most of that and none of it really contradicts anything I said.

But there is a weird singling out of Richarlison, which seems to be OTT.

For example, we’ve just sat through 2 days of excessive sympathy for Son, with zero discussion of that awful dive he did early in the second half to try to win a penalty.

Which also ties into the Gomes foul because if he gets booked there he doesn't make the challenge later in the half.

As for Richarlison, the only solution is for the club to spin it in our favour and say he should be protected more. Oh and tell him to use the theatrics sparingly. Try for two free kicks a game rather than ten.

Richarlison getting the Andy Johnson treatment now...

Fact is that if refs / VAR were doing their job we would have had more free kicks, penalties, red cards and likely goals thanks to Richarlison.

Should be getting way more protection.
But there not free kicks most of the time, he is just rolling around pretending, holding his head when he hasnt been hurt has nothing to do with trying to win games

If we actually played Kean in his correct position, Richarlison would probably get a lot more space and be far more effective.

If we actually played Kean in his correct position, Richarlison would probably get a lot more space and be far more effective.

Kean not ready yet....

Calvert Lewin & Tosun are more of a threat ATM....

But personally I like Richarlison through the middle, he could get 20 goals a season there & solve our striker problem....

if youre going to dive , at least make it look half decent ..

richarlison is not a good diver and its getting to the point of being so cringworthyingly embarrassing I want him taken off

he should concentrate on his finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.