2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he's horrible at it. But the solution shouldn't be to stop it should be to get better.

disagree completely, divers will get punished now with VAR anyway, you can be clever and like dangle legs out under challenges and win pens but that isn't what he does, he gets an arm on the shoulder and rolls around holding his face

disagree completely, divers will get punished now with VAR anyway, you can be clever and like dangle legs out under challenges and win pens but that isn't what he does, he gets an arm on the shoulder and rolls around holding his face
Right so he should get better at it.

Divers have not been getting punished by VAR as far as I'm aware. Maybe I missed something but I haven't seen it.

Right so he should get better at it.

Divers have not been getting punished by VAR as far as I'm aware. Maybe I missed something but I haven't seen it.

if someone dives in the box now and the ref gives a pen it will be looked into by VAR and subsequently yellow carded etc if caught cheating, so zero pens will be given this season as a result of a dive, so why exactly should he get better at it?

if someone dives in the box now and the ref gives a pen it will be looked into by VAR and subsequently yellow carded etc if caught cheating, so zero pens will be given this season as a result of a dive, so why exactly should he get better at it?
Want a bet? Do you not remember the niasse/salah dive comparison?
With niasse: contact but not enough to go down= dive and ban
Salah: contact is minimal, but deemed enough to go down= pen

Look at the penalty the RS gave away against Napoli and tell me diving isn't massively important to winning matches. I personally think that Robertson stepped across him and fouled him but it is never ever given if he doesn't throw himself to the ground in a way that convinced the ref. To me that is a refereeing problem, the foul should be given whether he falls or not, but diving effectively is what gets Napoli three points. And VAR did nothing.

Teams that don't sell fouls will be worse than teams that do. Richarlison knows this and needs to just get better at the con job. And again this can only be fixed by the FA/UEFA/FIFA so our players should just do what they have to as shameful as it is.

Want a bet? Do you not remember the niasse/salah dive comparison?
With niasse: contact but not enough to go down= dive and ban
Salah: contact is minimal, but deemed enough to go down= pen

That was before before var though where diving won you pens, diving won't win you pens anymore ( unless it's an exceptional dive )

That was before before var though where diving won you pens, diving won't win you pens anymore ( unless it's an exceptional dive )
It went to a diving committee , the decision was made based on 'expert' interpretation,
The same type of experts that make the decisions via var

Look at the penalty the RS gave away against Napoli and tell me diving isn't massively important to winning matches. I personally think that Robertson stepped across him and fouled him but it is never ever given if he doesn't throw himself to the ground in a way that convinced the ref. To me that is a refereeing problem, the foul should be given whether he falls or not, but diving effectively is what gets Napoli three points. And VAR did nothing.

Teams that don't sell fouls will be worse than teams that do. Richarlison knows this and needs to just get better at the con job. And again this can only be fixed by the FA/UEFA/FIFA so our players should just do what they have to as shameful as it is.

Your saying diving wins games and then referenced the napoli game and said you think it was a foul? Which is it?

Rixharlison doesn't need to get better he needs to swerve it.

Going down easily under a challenge to win a pen isn't remotely the same as going down holding your face every minutes in your own half

Your saying diving wins games and then referenced the napoli game and said you think it was a foul? Which is it?

Going down easily under a challenge to win a pen isn't remotely the same as going down holding your face every minutes in your own half
Do you realize things can be two things? Callejon was fouled but it also required him to exaggerate the contact and throw himself to the ground, which is diving, to get the call to be made.

Going down easily under a challenge is a nice way of saying diving. And my contention is that is necessary with the current refereeing of the game to consistently win. The alternative is to try to play through contact that is a foul and never have a foul given. Doing that is a losing move.

As far as Richarlison goes he just needs to get better at it. Little more natural with less head movement and flailing and he will be fine.

Off subject I would start him up front alongside kean. Play 442 play a bit more direct and get Gomes back in the side ASAP. I would drop siggardson and start iwobi and Bernhard in the wide positions. I think it’s worth a punt as Richarlison is the only player I trust to lead the line on his own. Particularly starting games.

It really is embarrassing how Richarlison goes down. Iwobi needs to have a word with himself as well after the Sheff Utd game, goes down, and then with a delayed reaction rolls around holding his face, no need for it.

It really is embarrassing how Richarlison goes down. Iwobi needs to have a word with himself as well after the Sheff Utd game, goes down, and then with a delayed reaction rolls around holding his face, no need for it.
Tbh mate I think he was holding his face to cover his eyes, he'd watched the dog dirt performance and it made his eyes bleed...

Status
Not open for further replies.