2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
His form has been 'dippy' for ages now but to be honest we should've expected it. He's had a very good season by and large and confident more to come from him.

As much as Coleman himself has improved since Richarlison was moved to the right, I can imagine that with a top young RB behind him who'll constantly be there to support him then we could end up with something potentially very special on the right next season.

A top right back of the same level as Digne and we would look top notch on both flanks

I didn’t think he had a great game today - probably our least impressive player - but still showed some brilliant touches. The give and goes between full backs and wide players on both sides were breathtaking at times. Looks like he’s developing a decent understanding with Seamus, too.

A top right back of the same level as Digne and we would look top notch on both flanks

Two fullbacks of Digne’s quality? That would be awesome. I don’t think there will be many teams that can boast that much quality on both flanks! The attacking play would be potentially elite with an on-form Richarlison, Gomes and a pacy consistent striker. Sell Pickford for £60m and build from the attack backwards!:dance:

Monreal got bullied all game by Richarlison, he lost nearly every 50/50 against him and knew he couldn’t push up to support their midfield when in possession as Richarlison was quicker, stronger and available on so many occasions to re rive the hall confident he had his beating. We deliberately targeted Monreal and his inability to cope on that side; Coleman has had that treatment for us...be interested to see what the Gooners say of their full backs performance today.

For me, he was targeted as a weak link. Look at the times DCL, Siggy and Richarlison went into overdrive to press around him when he had the ball. Thought he did well without being exceptional, the mascot role first half was criminal when clear on the right, similarly lacked composure when over stretching to screw a poor shot past the near post when more composure was required. Makes it sound like I’m being over critical. I’m not, he worked hard, done a lot of good work off the ball and was more active looking for the ball when we got possession than I’ve seen in the past, knowing he had the beating of Monreal all day. That display and the opportunities that came his way should have seen a goal. I can say the same of Bernard.

Great to win against a good team knowing that we can do better ourselves. I’m enjoying g going the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.