2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rebic mate, but if you compare his performances centrally for Croatia (now Mandzukic has retired) to Frankfurt, then it's chalk and cheese. He's definitely not a proper CF.

Jovic certainly is, but at the same time, he needs service and him and Haller dovetail really, really well.

I actually think Richarlison needs a striker to play off and in that way Haller would be ideal.

But, this is the crux, we really need that player to be able to stretch a defence and get us up the pitch because of the system we play. So in that way we need a player who can bring others into play but also get behind/wide (which is what Dom has been doing well lately but I just don't think the consistency is there yet).
Okay, I admit that I haven't seen him play CF for Croatia. But I have seen him play quite a bit for Frankfurt.

To me, what you described, that IS Rebic as a 9. He makes all sorts of runs, he's super active, he can come back for the ball, he can play as a poacher, etc. My bigger concern is that can he play with his back to the goal, can he receive service and hold the ball a bit? He is plenty big and strong.

Honestly, I don't think Haller makes that much of a difference with Jovic. I think Jovic makes Haller.

Okay, I admit that I haven't seen him play CF for Croatia. But I have seen him play quite a bit for Frankfurt.

To me, what you described, that IS Rebic as a 9. He makes all sorts of runs, he's super active, he can come back for the ball, he can play as a poacher, etc. My bigger concern is that can he play with his back to the goal, can he receive service and hold the ball a bit? He is plenty big and strong.

Honestly, I don't think Haller makes that much of a difference with Jovic. I think Jovic makes Haller.

Poppycock.

I like Rebic mate, but if you compare his performances centrally for Croatia (now Mandzukic has retired) to Frankfurt, then it's chalk and cheese. He's definitely not a proper CF.

Jovic certainly is, but at the same time, he needs service and him and Haller dovetail really, really well.

I actually think Richarlison needs a striker to play off and in that way Haller would be ideal.

But, this is the crux, we really need that player to be able to stretch a defence and get us up the pitch because of the system we play. So in that way we need a player who can bring others into play but also get behind/wide (which is what Dom has been doing well lately but I just don't think the consistency is there yet).

Im going to have to agree with the American here, and Bluetoff ;)

He'd look great with Richarlison either side of a CF...or even as a CF if we play on the counter. Though i cant see him holding the ball up.

But, we have alot of wide forwards and I think if Richarlison cements the right side for next season then were pretty much covered.

As a counter attacking team we either need a rapid player to chase the ball and break at speed or someone to hold it up and lay it off.

Hard to say which type we will go for.

Haller has been performing well for a good few years now, and Jovic didn't play tons last season (not as a guaranteed striker at least).

I get what you're saying on Rebic, but to me he needs a partner. Like Richarlison.

I'm not saying Haller is definitely the player to go for either. Basically all three of Frankfurt's forwards offer a mix of all assets needed, which is why they're a good team when they get going.

I'd take any of that Frankfurt front 3. They basically just bash the ball up to them and it works. Given our lack of ability in midfield it would be perfect for us.

We'd have to start the bidding at 60 Million for him, because there's no way we'd sell him at a loss, and I can't see anyone paying that kind of money for him yet
Linked with Milan today.....65 million Euros is the chat.

Add £100mil on that.

Hes come out today and said he expects Silva to take him wherever he goes.

Says he wants to be top scorer in the national team and wants to score and play well for us to repay silva.

Linked with staying at Everton is the chat, because no one else would take him at the price we would need to break even. He is our standard of player and definitely not good enough for top clubs, so relax he is staying here.

Status
Not open for further replies.