2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the expectation: more money spent = more quality expected. plus the more the club spend on a player the more it means fans are spending on the club (via adverts or directly), also the club have used funds made by selling fan favourites like Lukaku and Stones, so we expect the replacements to be close to that level.

it thus makes a huge difference to the conversation if the player cost peanuts or a fortune.

@bol-uk

But it shouldn’t, it means nothing to us, whether someone costs £45m or £4.5m we should still expect the same level of performance.

Simply view all transfers as undisclosed.

What gets me is that for nearly all our players it is on a game by game basis APART from this guy. Pickford, Gueye, Lookman, Davies,Kenny,Gomes even Keane and Sigs can have a blinder and rightly be credited for it but, if they are not up to scratch they get piloried, despite their, ability, price or age.

Richarlison can do nothing for 6 whole games and is "young" or "out of position". That is the reason I keep coming back to this thread, waiting to see some of his lovers actually criticise his game play, hold their hands up and say yes, other than 6 goals or whatever he has been poor for 5 months.

I won't hold my breath.
I totally agree with you, I think he has been shocking for the last 5 months as well, falls over easy, not strong enough on the ball, get a decent offer in the summer I say sell as there are better players out there for his money, just look up AJAX

The same as the reaction to Cenk,Klaasen, Bolasie and Keane, he is obviously not as bad as they are/were for us but the constant reaction was to compare to their price to their ability/performance. In direct relation to 60 grand and Tim Cahil, who cost next to nothing and have far exceeded their value.

Price is very important in how you view a signing, big price brings big expectations.
Coleman still gets dogs abuse at every opportunity though.

Just have a look at his thread, it’s full of people saying he’s awful and finished etc.

@bol-uk

But it shouldn’t, it means nothing to us, whether someone costs £45m or £4.5m we should still expect the same level of performance.

Well if the money means nothing we may as well sell our best players cheapl then. Simplyvsee it as undisclosed as you say

i've just explained why it means something to the fans, especially the ones who spend money on the club or on the products from related adverts but also most of us who expect a 40m striker to come close to the performance levels of the 70m striker we sold. transfer values are a guide as to how good the player is, roughly speaking.

i've just explained why it means something to the fans, especially the ones who spend money on the club or on the products from related adverts but also most of us who expect a 40m striker to come close to the performance levels of the 70m striker we sold. transfer values are a guide as to how good the player is, roughly speaking.

But the player doesn’t decide the fee? It’s not particularly fair on them is it. Like I say, a level of performance is expected at Everton no matter how much you cost.

You should be praised and criticised regardless of fee.

But the player doesn’t decide the fee? It’s not particularly fair on them is it. Like I say, a level of performance is expected at Everton no matter how much you cost.

You should be praised and criticised regardless of fee.

increased transfer fees mean increased expectation. it's not a controversial point, it's pretty much universally accepted.

The same as the reaction to Cenk,Klaasen, Bolasie and Keane, he is obviously not as bad as they are/were for us but the constant reaction was to compare to their price to their ability/performance. In direct relation to 60 grand and Tim Cahil, who cost next to nothing and have far exceeded their value.

Price is very important in how you view a signing, big price brings big expectations.

I always find it weird that some of our fans say we shouldn't get fixated on how much we pay for players, yet they get fixated and take the piss out of other teams when they pay big money for their players, Keita at the RS being a prime example.

But it’s flat out dumb.

it's really not. it's dumb to not understand why higher transfer fees mean higher expectations.

you buy £10 kettle, you expect £10 performance.
you buy £80 kettle however...

you rent a £30 gigolo, you get a £30 gigolo...you rent @Bungle however, who charges £250 per hour...

your club buys a £4m player, you don't expect world-class. your club buys a £40m player however...

...fill in the obvious blanks. the rules of market forces aren't exact but they've been our rough guide to expected value for thousands of years. the football transfer market is no exception.

You are not guaranteed a player settles in quicker just because you pay 45mil rather than 15mil. It's silly to expect it.

Always give them the first season to settle in unless clearly rubbish or not what we needed, then just hope they do fairly well and look forward to their next season. He has done fairly well, although nothing amazing. Basic requirements of a young new signings first season have been achieved.

The greater expectation starts next season for me. And only if it's not going well will I then start to think of the fee, as you'd be wondering are we stuck with another one we won't get the money back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.