2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's really not. it's dumb to not understand why higher transfer fees mean higher expectations.

you buy £10 kettle, you expect £10 performance.
you buy £80 kettle however...

you rent a £30 gigolo, you get a £30 gigolo...you rent @Bungle however, who charges £250 per hour...

your club buys a £4m player, you don't expect world-class. your club buys a £40m player however...

...fill in the obvious blanks. the rules of market forces aren't exact but they've been our rough guide to expected value for thousands of years. the football transfer market is no exception.

Well by that logic does that mean we can let Schneiderlin off with half the abuse Richarlison gets because he cost roughly half of what Richarlison did?

If he was home grown and came on the scene this season at 21 and looking to get 15 goals for season. We'd be hyping him up to beat the band.

Yes if he was consistent but if he only had 6 good games (they were only good cos he scored,he did literally nothing else) in 5 months would we really be hyping him up? I dunno, his prem record is about 17 good games in 63.

As for home grown....mate, they are the first to get it. Look at Ross, Davies, Kenny etc one bad pass and your'e dead, DEAD I tell ya.

Funny how he scored at the weekend from the central position again. Almost as though he’s a striker who plays his best there and that Silva was right.

Well by that logic does that mean we can let Schneiderlin off with half the abuse Richarlison gets because he cost roughly half of what Richarlison did?

giphy.gif

Can’t remember Rocharlison scoring any goals like Mirallas’ v Stoke and Spurs. Suarez ended Mirallas’ career with that tackle he was never as good after that. When he first arrived I thought he could be one of the best in the prem.

He didn’t end his career by standing on his foot lol and best in the prem? Never any chance of that. R9 goal against wolves is similar to Kev vs spurs and his goal against Brighton was better than kev vs Stoke

He needs to hold the ball up better if he is going to play there though. He brings no one else into the game. 1 assist all season.
He actually held the ball up well on the right several times. He dshiuld get credit for being pretty good in the air for not being a CF.

So basically, what I’m taking from this thread is, if you don’t cost a lot of money you’re allowed to play crap.
Yep. Bernard is AMAZING but he should’ve expected nothing from him.

It just makes no sense. So we like the bargain player if he turns out okay. But we hate relatively speaking the 40M player who plays well if he’s not elite.

That lot over the park would be praising this lad for anything good he did, instead our fans look for all his flaws.

This mentality is one of the reasons why we are where we are.

So praising players is why they are at the top of the league and why we aren’t? So it’s nothing to do with Salah scoring 40 odd goals a season and their other attackers getting near 20? He wastes possession to easily, doesn’t create enough and his passing is so bad it’s not even funny. He has pace and a knack of scoring and hopefully he improves but praising our players wouldn’t make them better imo. I mean ffs look what’s happened to Pickford with everyone saying he’s ace, he’s turned into a melt

@bol-uk

But it shouldn’t, it means nothing to us, whether someone costs £45m or £4.5m we should still expect the same level of performance.

Simply view all transfers as undisclosed.

It does make a difference tho, overpaying for players is why we can’t shift duds and sign new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.