2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll admit his direct fee kicks did bail el Fraudo our towards the back end of that season but he never got back to the level he was showing against Stoke Spurs and in that derby when he was absolutely terrorising Wisdom before Suarez ended him.

The Stoke and Spurs games were after the Suarez tackle, as were more or less all his other games for Everton.

There's always one player who gets that treatment

Deulofeu got it for a long time

Shockingly, even Gibson got it during his honeymoon period

What gets me is that for nearly all our players it is on a game by game basis APART from this guy. Pickford, Gueye, Lookman, Davies,Kenny,Gomes even Keane and Sigs can have a blinder and rightly be credited for it but, if they are not up to scratch they get piloried, despite their, ability, price or age.

Richarlison can do nothing for 6 whole games and is "young" or "out of position". That is the reason I keep coming back to this thread, waiting to see some of his lovers actually criticise his game play, hold their hands up and say yes, other than 6 goals or whatever he has been poor for 5 months.

I won't hold my breath.

I don't rate him. 45m and he consistently trips over the ball, can never beat the full back in a one on one situation, can't cross, and feins injury every time he's breathed on. And he's a moody, petulant boy as well

Wha difference does it make to you whether he cost £45m or £4.5m.
It makes ten times the difference!

If he cost buttons I would not be at all concerned by how poor his overall game is. Our most expensive (joint?) signing ever can’t control a ball

Again, as a fan, with no financial ties to the club, what difference does it actually make.
The same as the reaction to Cenk,Klaasen, Bolasie and Keane, he is obviously not as bad as they are/were for us but the constant reaction was to compare to their price to their ability/performance. In direct relation to 60 grand and Tim Cahil, who cost next to nothing and have far exceeded their value.

Price is very important in how you view a signing, big price brings big expectations.

Again, as a fan, with no financial ties to the club, what difference does it actually make.

it's the expectation: more money spent = more quality expected. plus the more the club spend on a player the more it means fans are spending on the club (via adverts or directly), also the club have used funds made by selling fan favourites like Lukaku and Stones, so we expect the replacements to be close to that level.

it thus makes a huge difference to the conversation if the player cost peanuts or a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.