2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides his promise as a goal scorer I think teams on the continent will be looking at the success of English teams and recognise the emphasis on the high press. Richarlison is very good at closing down at high pace and then swiftly being available to turn the oppositions back 4.

Thing is at what price should we start to think about it? For me if we got offered 80 we would have to have a serious think.
It's like Liverpool and Spurs selling top.players and reinvesting, it's how they got to where they are.
I think it’s obvious Richarlison won’t be at Everton in 3 years. But Brands won’t sell this summer he knows his price will only go up. And potentially being a regular for Brazil, will also add to the price.

Just look how Coutinho’s price Went up in 12months

Last edited:
I think it’s obvious Richarlison won’t be at Everton in 3 years. But Brands won’t sell this summer he knows his price will only go up. And potentially being a regular for Brazil, will also add to the price.

Just look how Coutinho’s price Went up in 12months

If Richarlison can hit around 15 goals next season from wide right then he's going to be valued at huge money.

Would only be 23 then, Brazilian international and doing well in the premier league

I wouldnt sell him unless someone offered £150mil...prices will keep rising along with his value.

He's going nowhere, he should stay, he's developing nicely. He's not ready for a top club just yet, he'd be trading playing every week for a bit part and I hope he doesn't want that.

Think we’ll have another season out of him but he’s clearly not destined for the long term at Everton. We’re in a dream world if we think we can keep Brazil international strikers without CL football. Liverpool couldn’t keep Coutinho even with it. Another good season next year and his price will be sky high then hopefully we cash in with European football to offer a replacement.

Financially and from a footballing perspective, it would make no sense to sell now. His value will only go up and we can get some great years out of him. Barring some deranged offer, I can't see us selling him

It's got to be over 100mil now with today's market. 120mil for Coutinho, 'nuff said!

Yeah, he's improved since we bought him, so he's worth about £60m/£70m just as the benchmark. We don't want to sell so it would take something like the amount you say above, seeing as he'll be at that price in about a year or so anyway.

We will sell any player if it makes good business sense to do so. I think the model has changed now after the failure of the Walsh/Koeman regime. Invest in younger players so that the potential for sell-on is big. If you're signing a player 26 or over, make sure the player is free/on a low transfer fee to help negate the fact that their sell-on value will be low. It's not rocket science and it's what a lot of clubs preach, but I think we will see more of this happen, where we rely on player trading more - simply because it's a good income stream if you get it right. If we have more confidence in the DoF to bring good players in, it becomes less of a problem if you lose the ones you perceive as your top players. The only way this changes is if we become CL regulars down the line (and given UEFA are closing the shop on that, it's hard to see happening at all).

Richarlison was a very smart signing by Brands and Silva and I'm sure we will make a very tidy profit on him at some point. We will then move onto the next one. No biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.