2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to compare any player to Richarlison, just want him to focus on his performances for us.

When he signed he was putting a shift in both offensively and defensively - He seems to be more interested strutting around with tude these days - rather than focusing on performing. He’s an attacker, he will attract rough treatment from opposition, he needs to mature.

I wouldn’t mind if he was like Ferguson who grew in stature like the Hulk when he got angry he would perform better - mostly, excluding the times he went too far and left us with 10 men.

Just play ball Richarlison.

Still dont think hes a Striker and I also dont think he can play as a winger either.

What he can do is slot, up top in a proper 4-3-3 would be far his best position.

Not a No 9 in my opinion, though wingers and strikers are a hybrid these days imo, inside forwards if you like. I think he has plenty of headroom if i'm honest its crazy to think he is 21. Hes an absolute gem.

Not a No 9 in my opinion, though wingers and strikers are a hybrid these days imo, inside forwards if you like. I think he has plenty of headroom if i'm honest its crazy to think he is 21. Hes an absolute gem.
Silva plays with inside forwards. He’s perfect for his tactics. Jordan Sancho? He’s much more of a winger and if we are comparing our player to one of the best young players in Europe, he must be pretty good.

Every young players have stuff to work on. I want him to take care of the ball better and improve his first touch, too. But he’s still good.

Silva plays with inside forwards. He’s perfect for his tactics. Jordan Sancho? He’s much more of a winger and if we are comparing our player to one of the best young players in Europe, he must be pretty good.

Every young players have stuff to work on. I want him to take care of the ball better and improve his first touch, too. But he’s still good.

Im very mindful, that when Silva speaks about him when the hype is strong, he doesnt give his to much credit and says he has loads to work on he keeps his feet on the ground. He is also a very humble lad from anything i read and seems to come from a tough background. As he develops he is going to develop consistency, he can slot in a run of PL consistently but then dip for a few. At 21 thats to be expected. We saw it with Rom at the same age. As he develops that consistency he may be an absolute beast. He is already posting top PL returns at 21. I think people are being savagely hard on him, i dont see many flaws to his game bar consistency, he can pick the ball up deep, dribble, can turn a defender, attack one, has pace, strength, atletheisim, timing, positional awareness, can distribute, can make space inside and outside the box and he has end product. All those things are going to improve and become more consistent. An absolute gem.

The comparisons with Roms context are there, i remember it being 50/50 on here, with people saying he wasnt worth the fee when we signed him permanently etc. I think Ricarlison will eventually prove a better signing and will go for a bigger fee, he carries that Brazil premium, but hopefully he stays until he is 24/25.

Im very mindful, that when Silva speaks about him when the hype is strong, he doesnt give his to much credit and says he has loads to work on he keeps his feet on the ground. He is also a very humble lad from anything i read and seems to come from a tough background. As he develops he is going to develop consistency, he can slot in a run of PL consistently but then dip for a few. At 21 thats to be expected. We saw it with Rom at the same age. As he develops that consistency he may be an absolute beast. He is already posting top PL returns at 21. I think people are being savagely hard on him, i dont see many flaws to his game bar consistency, he can pick the ball up deep, dribble, can turn a defender, attack one, has pace, strength, atletheisim, timing, positional awareness, can distribute, can make space inside and outside the box and he has end product. All those things are going to improve and become more consistent. An absolute gem.

The comparisons with Roms context are there, i remember it being 50/50 on here, with people saying he wasnt worth the fee when we signed him permanently etc. I think Ricarlison will eventually prove a better signing and will go for a bigger fee, he carries that Brazil premium, but hopefully he stays until he is 24/25.

I know you think I am hard on him, and fair enough but bloody hell, you're describing Ronaldo there mate.

His pace is questionable, he is very often knocked off the ball onto his arse,his dribbles nearly always end up in him losing the ball, he doesn't release at the right moments,

Yes, he can make space, yes he can pick the ball up deep and yes he has the end product but keep it real please keep it real.

Not going to compare any player to Richarlison, just want him to focus on his performances for us.

When he signed he was putting a shift in both offensively and defensively - He seems to be more interested strutting around with tude these days - rather than focusing on performing. He’s an attacker, he will attract rough treatment from opposition, he needs to mature.

I wouldn’t mind if he was like Ferguson who grew in stature like the Hulk when he got angry he would perform better - mostly, excluding the times he went too far and left us with 10 men.

Just play ball Richarlison.

Hopefully he will learn to turn the sulk into aggression, could be the making of him

I know you think I am hard on him, and fair enough but bloody hell, you're describing Ronaldo there mate.

His pace is questionable, he is very often knocked off the ball onto his arse,his dribbles nearly always end up in him losing the ball, he doesn't release at the right moments,

Yes, he can make space, yes he can pick the ball up deep and yes he has the end product but keep it real please keep it real.

My opinion is all, i would personally disagree with you on those aspects.

I haven't looked but i wonder how his record compares with Ronaldo at the same age, i remember it took him a couple of years to become a regular at Utd.

I haven't looked but i wonder how his record compares with Ronaldo at the same age, i remember it took him a couple of years to become a regular at Utd.

I am actually stunned by that, that you think he is strong on the ball, does not end up on his arse, his dribbles are productive and he passes at the right time. He has one assist or something all season for a reason bro. I am happy to concede his strengths but to say he has no weaknesses other than consistency is baffling.

In 2006 Ronaldo was 21.

Screenshot_20190322-144249_Chrome.jpg

....he might not always be playing well but Richarlison’s goal return is terrific for a wide player. He has a desire to get on the end of chances, he wants to score goals.

I totally agree with you Eggs, but what is your take on it, the whole "how good is he" thing?

Is his goal ratio 17 goals and 6 assists in 70 prem games enough to justify the praise he gets? I know I go on about him but thats because the rest of his game infuriates me. I trust your judgement over most other on here if I am honest.

I totally agree with you Eggs, but what is your take on it, the whole "how good is he" thing?

Is his goal ratio 17 goals and 6 assists in 70 prem games enough to justify the praise he gets? I know I go on about him but thats because the rest of his game infuriates me. I trust your judgement over most other on here if I am honest.

Who's arsed what his record was for Watford which you are including in that

he's got a goal every 2 games ( roughly ) for us, that's brilliant for a player his age, playing everywhere, first year at the club, and for a large chunk a team not playing well

...there was clearly issues after Silva left Watford, so 12 in 29 for Everton and 3 in 6 for Brazil is what i’d focus on. That is a very impressive return. I don’t think he’s a flashy footballer, he’s not visually impressive at times but you can’t argue with that return.

I think he’s been very effective. I think the game matters to him and I think he’s a handful. He came on in a game recently replacing Walcott and the contrast was amazing. A LB who was having a comfortable afternoon was suddenly stretched and troubled. Richarlison made a difference.

I know exactly where you are coming from and I wonder about him myself, but I suspect he’s more effective than we think.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.