2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not very good at winning 1v1 either. Not sure he’s actually a winger, he’s not a striker. What is he?
I think he's a striker but a striker who plays in a team that passes the ball on the ground effectively and we are definitely not that. I don't see him being able to develop the ability to link up and beat people and pass accurately and create chances. He needs to do all of that to be a winger. Keep sticking it in the net and he is halfway to being a good striker.

I know we feel the need to go after any good player that should ever come into our team, but it was only four days ago that he scored from the only decent attack we had. He's a finisher through and through and to be effective he needs to be in the box. If that means playing him LW then he needs to set the rest of the team so that he isn't forced to attack from wide. If it means playing up top then we need to figure out how to play without smashing it forward and expecting the forward to hold up play. But regardless of all that a 21 year old who scores double digits in the league is someone we need to be planning to have around for awhile.

hope you didn't misunderstand me.... I want him in the starting 11 for many years to come, but I feel like he gets by without the criticism he deserves...

enough of the antics from "staredown" Rico.... it's a bad path he's going down, and I don't want him to continue it

His head has gone, and honestly I'm not even sure the foul you speak of was a foul and even of it was as you say get on with it and show a bit of pride and fight!
It was a definite foul the defender didn’t even play the ball. I watched the game through a stream and the way silva reacted was telling. I agree he needs to stop being a fairy because it’s getting boring now and he won’t get protected by refs.

I’m all for giving Silva time but I think the pressure is starting to build up

hope you didn't misunderstand me.... I want him in the starting 11 for many years to come, but I feel like he gets by without the criticism he deserves...

enough of the antics from "staredown" Rico.... it's a bad path he's going down, and I don't want him to continue it
I just feel like we are being very harsh with him just like we are with most of our better players because we expect a lot from them. But the team is a total mess right now and he is still finding the net at times. That's impressive considering we create next to nothing. I'm willing to overlook that he likes to playact because frankly every team in the league does it.

I've never been a boo-boy. I look for players redeeming features, and I usually find them. With this guy, it's different. The way he's conducted himself today, and in recent weeks, he has no right to wear that blue shirt. I see no pride, no heart in his game. There's no questioning his skill, his goalscoring ability. But the faith that Silva has placed in him, his monster transfer fee and wages, don't seem to have instilled any sense of responsibility in him. You always feel that he's thinking of himself rather than the team. He's a mood player who's switching off far too often. He's no chaser of lost causes, no tackler - how often do we see him not go for the ball, allow the defender to outleap him, making sure that he goes to the floor in the hope of a free kick. How many times is he trying to wind up defenders or getting wound up himself. His attitude stinks. He is still just 21, and there's no reason why he can't go on to have a great career and become a big star for Brazil, but that's not going to happen unless he gets his attitude and his priorities sorted, and he's a long way from doing that right now.

The warning signs were there in his performances the second half of last season. And the worrying thing is, Silva saw all those performances but still paid through the nose to bring him to Everton.

I've never been a boo-boy. I look for players redeeming features, and I usually find them. With this guy, it's different. The way he's conducted himself today, and in recent weeks, he has no right to wear that blue shirt. I see no pride, no heart in his game. There's no questioning his skill, his goalscoring ability. But the faith that Silva has placed in him, his monster transfer fee and wages, don't seem to have instilled any sense of responsibility in him. You always feel that he's thinking of himself rather than the team. He's a mood player who's switching off far too often. He's no chaser of lost causes, no tackler - how often do we see him not go for the ball, allow the defender to outleap him, making sure that he goes to the floor in the hope of a free kick. How many times is he trying to wind up defenders or getting wound up himself. His attitude stinks. He is still just 21, and there's no reason why he can't go on to have a great career and become a big star for Brazil, but that's not going to happen unless he gets his attitude and his priorities sorted, and he's a long way from doing that right now.

The warning signs were there in his performances the second half of last season. And the worrying thing is, Silva saw all those performances but still paid through the nose to bring him to Everton.

He's South American so you have to cut him a bit of slack plus he has to adapt to being at a massive club....he's the one shining star in an otherwise miserable season, who knows where we'd be if it wasn't for his goals.

Funny thng is he went poor at Watford after SIlva left, and the excuse of Silva going was used, well he is with Silva now so whats the excuse at the moment?

His link up play is diabolical. I'm relieved when he finds a blue shirt. This can be worked on though. I'm pretty sure he has the ability to become better if he's willing to learn and put in the graft.

Right now he's miles away from the fee we paid. Thank God he's got a habit of finding himself in the right position for goals or this signing would be looking very grim right now.

Spends half the season rolling about on the floor and now wonders why referees don’t give him anything. Either needs to pack it in or get smarter with it like Pienaar was

Spends half the season rolling about on the floor and now wonders why referees don’t give him anything. Either needs to pack it in or get smarter with it like Pienaar was

You would like to think that by now Silva would have pulled him to one side and had a pop at him for the antics, maybe another reason why I think Silva is too soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.