2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a striker he's a wide forward. We need someone to hold it up. I suggest DCL gets a run.
I don't know did you see DCL's touch once he got on today? I'm beginning to like the idea of a Richarlison coming in from the left to score goals system but at the moment we may need to just keep him up top because there isn't a good replacement option.

You could be right buy he cannot hold it up. That second half is a case in point we had no outlet. He is our best finisher but he doesn't relieve the pressure either most of the time. Plus he likes to run with the ball it would be ideal if he had someone to play off. I agree maybe we need to buy someone though.

CF is where he's at his best for me, his attributes are best suited to that role. Height, link-up play, movement, work rate, excellent finisher and has that killer instinct in the box. Just needs to learn to hold the ball up sometimes instead of being so direct when he gets it.

Nowhere near as efficient when he's out on the left IMHO. He does his best work inside the penalty area - give him the service and he will score for fun.

You could be right buy he cannot hold it up. That second half is a case in point we had no outlet. He is our best finisher but he doesn't relieve the pressure either most of the time. Plus he likes to run with the ball it would be ideal if he had someone to play off. I agree maybe we need to buy someone though.
I don’t think he is the best at holding it up, but he is decent enough at everything else. We are hurt more by the fact that nobody else is stepping up with real quality around the box apart from he and Siggy this season.

No outlet at all. If they force Pickford to play it long, we might as well just give it to them. When he's out wide he CAN hold it up, but he can't do it against a decent PL CB. He was great on the goal, but otherwise was dominated.

CF is where he's at his best for me, his attributes are best suited to that role. Height, link-up play, movement, work rate, excellent finisher and has that killer instinct in the box. Just needs to learn to hold the ball up sometimes instead of being so direct when he gets it.

Nowhere near as efficient when he's out on the left IMHO. He does his best work inside the penalty area - give him the service and he will score for fun.
I don’t think he is the best at holding it up, but he is decent enough at everything else. We are hurt more by the fact that nobody else is stepping up with real quality around the box apart from he and Siggy this season.
No outlet at all. If they force Pickford to play it long, we might as well just give it to them. When he's out wide he CAN hold it up, but he can't do it against a decent PL CB. He was great on the goal, but otherwise was dominated.

Some different views here...

My take is that hes great on the left side it and would be ideal if we had a mobile rapid forward to interchange with him during attacks...hed be on a new level then as sometimes coming in from the left he looks unstoppable.

At CF he has the problem that Walcott isnt worth passing to and Bernard cant hit a barn door.

Players like Lozano + Augustin (and lookman soon) have the directness and explosiveness to take his game up a notch.

For this season im happy just with him scoring as many as possible and adding better quality around him in Jan and summer.

...nothing wrong with him at CF, just does not work with the style of play we currently dish up.

Agree he dives too much, although for some reason every time Success dived he got a free kick! Really hope we buy a good mobile Centre forward for him to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.