Richarlison starting at CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weve said this for years i agree
We will always just be ok

“When we get so and so we will challange”, i think we all agree were probably further off than ever to the top teams

Sad isnt it

I dont think we are further off, I think we are the in the same place we have always been, not even on their radar.

But at least now we have an owner with a plan, an owner willing to invest, a new stadium on the horizon, will we ever bridge the gap? I doubt it personally, but you just keep plodding on dont ya mate. You can either throw in the towel or keep going the game, keep believing.

Should be played on wings that way its more unpredictable. As CF he will be always closely marked by CB. If he has a CF like Romelu along side him will destroy teams for fun.

Worth a go. I don't ser why people are panicking after yesterday. We played quite well. The worrying one was West ham for me. We'll be ok

Exactly. Losing 2-0 in itself is disappointing but I feel more upbeat given the performance. If our striker's get their shooting boots on, we'll be fine for the rest of the season.

The experiment needs to begin now. Tosun lacks confidence and DCL isn’t a finisher at this level. Makes room for Bernard to start at LM.

Get it done Marco.

..not sure about this ‘Tosun lacks confidence’ argument. Tosun lacks quality.

Also not sure about Richarlison as a CF. It sounds a simple remedy to our central striker problem but a large part of a CFs game is battling with Premier League CBs when long balls are played out of defence. I don’t see lots of evidence that Richarlison will be effective at that aspect, meaning lots of what is played forward will come straight back.

Richarlison’s advantage would be via balls played behind the back four or down the channels. I’m not against the idea but we’d need to play differently. Also, he’s effective from a wide position so why move him.

I think if we get everyone healthy and have a run of games with a reasonably settled team we will score enough with him on the right and either DCL or Tosun up top to not make moving him central necessary. More than anything I'd like us to stop changing the team so much if we don't have to so for now let's keep the guy who's been our best player in the position he was playing well at.

Terrible idea.

When put into context of our current options, I'm not sure it is that terrrible.

Cenk - Low on confidence and not someone who gets 20 a season anyway.
DCL - Not really good enough to lead the line yet, but could be.
Niasse - Not good enough and looks like he's getting worse.

So then we're looking else where for now. That leaves Sigg or Richarlison. Sigg isn't mobile enough and Richarlison probably isn't strong enough?

So yeah, in an ideal world it's not a good idea but this isn't an ideal world, Goaty.

Status
Not open for further replies.