Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I described a fixed pattern where everyone gets an opportunity to go to a game.

where the same people are picked every fourth game. That’s not a ballot, that’s organised.

Once your picked out you don't go in again till everyone who wants a chance has been.
That's a ballot.

I’m a season ticket holder but I miss most games as I work away. My mate uses my ticket while I’m gone.
Season ticket holder or not, I’d rather see a father and son attend instead of me if they attend all games each season.
As much as I’m dying to see Goodison again I’ll wait until next season if it means those who go to every game get a chance to see one or two this season.
Im not trying to be nice either, I’m a Blue, it’s what we do.

Top man ;)

Once your picked out you don't go in again till everyone who wants a chance has been.
That's a ballot.
In theory.

But not the point I’m making a ballot means that you can apply for 6 games and I can apply for 6 games.

You can get 6 games and I can get none.

I feel what I’ve described is an organised schedule of attendees.

Allowing any fans in before the vaccine arrives is just stupid. Anyone who attends are probably the same fools who have been crying over not having their pint down the local and have been flouting the rules all year.
Not that he needed to show it but Boris showing again how weak a leader he is

Allowing any fans in before the vaccine arrives is just stupid. Anyone who attends are probably the same fools who have been crying over not having their pint down the local and have been flouting the rules all year.
Not that he needed to show it but Boris showing again how weak a leader he is

I mean, the idea is we're trying to get the economy rolling again.

This isn't letting a few old boys into the local boozer with minimal checks. This is something that will be H&S approved, Government Approved before being approved and will be for 2,000.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against Johnson in every possible way, but can't cane him for trying to boost morale (and deflect his ineptitude) for allowing 2,000 in, who will be spaced out, with regular sanitising stations and checks taken before.

This will be a very safe environment for the 2,000 in the ground.

I mean, the idea is we're trying to get the economy rolling again.

This isn't letting a few old boys into the local boozer with minimal checks. This is something that will be H&S approved, Government Approved before being approved and will be for 2,000.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against Johnson in every possible way, but can't cane him for trying to boost morale (and deflect his ineptitude) for allowing 2,000 in, who will be spaced out, with regular sanitising stations and checks taken before.

This will be a very safe environment for the 2,000 in the ground.

I mean you can tell yourself its safe if you want but the fact remains we are talking at least 1000 households plus Everton staff mixing in the environment they don't need to be in or safe to be in. It takes a few idiots at each ground to spread it further.

I mean you can tell yourself its safe if you want but the fact remains we are talking at least 1000 households plus Everton staff mixing in the environment they don't need to be in or safe to be in. It takes a few idiots at each ground to spread it further.

No one is going to be forced to go. 2k in a ground holding 20 times that many is perfectly safe and arguably far safer than a supermarket etc.

I've been to a couple of matches over the autumn, albeit in crowds of more like 500-600. But there was no one else near me and my brother in the stand and everyone left row by row at the end and at HT. It's very controlled and I've no doubt PL clubs will be even more well prepared than at the semi-pro level.

How many households do you think mix in an average supermarket that's open all day, I'm sure the club will have things in place such as one way systems and track and trace

By the way, if I'm picked from the ballot I won't be going, not because I'm worried but the fact it'll be a crap atmosphere, I'd rather wait till hopefully the start of next season when we'll either be at half capacity or full

I'm sorry but that's not a credible argument. We don't even know an effective vaccine will ever become available. It's certainly not imminent.

People are free to take every precaution if they prefer to wait for a possible vaccine. But it's not credible to argue everyone else should be forced to follow suit.

We can't just stay in this perpetual state where we refuse to take step towards normality.
Fair enough, I think responsible people will make their own minds up, I am of a vulnerable age, regarding the virus, but my main concern is for my wife who I live with, so there is no way I could go to the game, as much as I want to, and come home and possibly give her the virus, it would be absolutely selfish of me. I think there will be quite a lot of situations like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.