Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but that's not a credible argument. We don't even know an effective vaccine will ever become available. It's certainly not imminent.

People are free to take every precaution if they prefer to wait for a possible vaccine. But it's not credible to argue everyone else should be forced to follow suit.

We can't just stay in this perpetual state where we refuse to take step towards normality.
Well you are way off there.
There is an effective vaccine , its in the final trials and should be licensed by Xmas.
Plus others around the world not far behind.
And that is the ONLY way back to some sort of reality not playing Russian Roulette with peoples lives.

Back on topic ballot not for me.

Taken from email to ST holders :

Over the coming weeks – and as there is greater clarity relating to the return of fans to stadiums - the Club will be sharing further information with you to explain the ballot process for ticket allocation for fixtures. This ballot process will provide fair and equitable access to the limited tickets available for each fixture and will be structured to ensure a fair distribution of tickets across all league fixtures at which fan attendance will be possible. This process will also ensure family and friend groups will not be split up when allocated tickets for fixtures.

The plan being developed by the Club is based on consultation with various fan groups. Season Ticket Members will be required to opt-in to each ballot for each available fixture. This will ensure each match ballot will made up only of Season Ticket Members able and willing to attend that specific fixture.

Each ballot will only be open to 2020/21 Season Ticket Members and there will be no match-by-match ticket sales for fixtures whilst there is a reduced capacity at Goodison Park.

In preparation for this process - and to help ensure Season Ticket Members can attend matches with their friends and family - the Club is asking all fans to review and update, if necessary, their personal details and contact information. It is vital that you have a valid address registered with the Club to enter the ballot and receive tickets.

It is also important this information is up to date, as it will enable the Club to fulfil the requirements of the Government’s Track and Trace system when fans are permitted into stadiums once again.

UNQUOTE

Personally, I’d go back to a full stadium today, but I accept that’s not going to happen.
Glad to see some thought going into it.

Glad to see it’s going to be a Ballot. That’s a fair way to do it.
Glad they’re implementing an OPT IN for every game. That should prevent tickets going to people who want to isolate.

Says they’re consulting fans groups for input. What would your input be?

My main concerns would be :

- Clamp down on touting. Hopefully the Govt Track & Trace will ensure any transfer of tickets is illegal. Hopefully the clubs will be forced to check ID. Remove STs from anyone selling on.

- The ballot needs to be independent for each game. I will opt in for every game. Don’t want some fanny who’s afraid of covid for the West Brom game, but suddenly OK for the derby to get preference.

What else?

Nail on the head with the last sentence, be arsed with people claiming their money back on 90% of the games but sticking their name into the ballot for the Derby and United games etc.

That's all your opinion and time will tell. I don't agree and think it's time our liberties were restored and personal responsibility was allowed again.

ahh yes that famous old British Liberty of 'I'm alright Jack' and Personal Responsibility being look after number 1 with no thought for anyone else at all.

Thatcher 1 - 0 Toffee Tim

She's won against you mate because you are exhibiting exactly what she promoted.

Nail on the head with the last sentence, be arsed with people claiming their money back on 90% of the games but sticking their name into the ballot for the Derby and United games etc.

they have to come up with a fair way of deciding who in the ballot can attend though because some might get 'selected' every time whilst others may only get a couple of games. We've all purchased tickets for all games whether our circumstances say we can go or not, I'd have all ST's in the ballot for all games or 1 single opt in & tell folk what games they've been 'picked' for, after all it's a game they were going to attend whichever it is, cant go then unlucky.

Well you are way off there.
There is an effective vaccine , its in the final trials and should be licensed by Xmas.
Plus others around the world not far behind.
And that is the ONLY way back to some sort of reality not playing Russian Roulette with peoples lives.

Back on topic ballot not for me.

You realise you are quoting Matt Hancock on those timelines??? Let that sink in

That's all your opinion and time will tell. I don't agree and think it's time our liberties were restored and personal responsibility was allowed again.
No mate. that's what the numbers say. Infections are increasing massively, and that's before the Universities push the numbers up even further.

It all depends on if you'd rather watch the football than have your parents/grandparents alive .

Only someone who fiddles with themselves whilst thinking of Spitfires would choose the football.

I certainly don't think I'm an ironman. Your sweeping generalisations are a bit weird considering you know nothing about me.

I think the risk of allowing our economy to tank creating millions of job losses is as big a risk currently as the threat of the virus. If there is mass employment then the lowest paid workers suffer.

The point is, everybody is potentially vulnerable, you don't know how it is going to affect you until you get it, maybe you want to play Covid Bingo with your life but a great many do not

And in terms of economy, we were already heading to a tanking economy, all the virus has done is edge us closer to the cliff edge, the virus isn't destroying the economy but the system it is built on because that system is not fit for purpose. I'd much rather we put health before wealth, people can survive on low income, not so much if they're dead

No mate. that's what the numbers say. Infections are increasing massively, and that's before the Universities push the numbers up even further.

It all depends on if you'd rather watch the football than have your parents/grandparents alive .

Only someone who fiddles with themselves whilst thinking of Spitfires would choose the football.

As I previously said, thankfully hospitalisations and deaths thankfully remain low and hopefully continue to get even lower. We are in a much more positive position with the virus than we were a few months ago. My opinion is that restrictions were the right thing in the short term and they worked, but now we need to move forward and let people get back towards normality.

You are not a selfish person with no regard for your grandparents if you are hopeful we are over the worst of the virus and happy to go watch a game of football.

I'm going to leave it there and very happy to agree to disagree. There are definitely no easy answers here. Although I have to say I am baffled at the Thatcher remark above by @Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian. She had left office before I was even born!!

I look forward to the return of crowds to watch hopefully a team worthy of playing at Goodison

they have to come up with a fair way of deciding who in the ballot can attend though because some might get 'selected' every time whilst others may only get a couple of games. We've all purchased tickets for all games whether our circumstances say we can go or not, I'd have all ST's in the ballot for all games or 1 single opt in & tell folk what games they've been 'picked' for, after all it's a game they were going to attend whichever it is, cant go then unlucky.

I think that's a better idea tbh, your either in or out for the games and get what you are given. If you can't make the selected game you have to inform the club and they can pick another ST holder.

Gonna get Burnley at home me can just see it

As an Ultra I wear a mask at every game anyway....

for the ballot, if it’s 4000 allowed per game and there’s 40000 season ticket holders, put your name down for as many games as you want but you can only go twice. Only fair way to do it - pick your games wisely

Status
Not open for further replies.